Special Chapter (🔞)

You admire the small cottage the moment you step out of the car. It's very welcoming, very homey--at least it seems that way to you. But most importantly, it feels safe, most likely thanks to the thick forest surrounding the petite home, almost as if forming a protective barrier. No one can hurt you two here, not that you were expecting anyone to.

"You can go check out the inside, I'll grab our stuff," Jimin suggests as he hops out of the car.

You had been a bit hesitant coming here at first. Jimin had been quite busy the week before and you worried this little getaway would cut into his time, causing things to pile up. He assured you that everything would be handled while he was away, however, and even said things were finally starting to return to normal anyways. You found no trace of lies spilling from his lips, nor did you observe any behaviour that would indicate he wasn't being truthful, so you believed him and decided it would be okay to come here for a few days.

Apparently it belongs to Namjoon. His family owns a lot of little vacation and getaway homes around the country--has to do with their business, supposedly. When he heard you and Jimin were planning a trip, he quickly jumped at the opportunity and offered this cottage.

"It'll be perfect, I promise. Not many people are nearby so you won't be disturbed. More importantly, you'll be free to roam without fear of being caught by humans or, God forbid, werewolves," the elder vampire had said. "But, if, for whatever reason, there is a problem and you can't resolve it yourselves, you can travel east twelve kilometres and you'll find yourself a town. You can get help there or contact any of us, since there's no cell service up at the cottage."

Being in a place without access to phones doesn't exactly sit well with you. Not only because you or Jimin won't be able to contact anyone if needed, but also vice versa--you would hate to find out that something happened back at home while you two were away. Jimin had spent the majority of the two-hour drive trying to reassure you, reminding you that both Jungkook and Seokjin were staying at the home to keep an eye on things.

"Yeah but I don't know if leaving them together there will actually help or just make things worse," you had grumbled. "I've heard the horror stories from Yoongi about them almost burning his house down when they were left there alone. Or when they forgot to manage Taehyung's pool and he came back to it being coated in green algae. Or when they were fooling around and knocked Hoseok's chandelier down which ended up nearly falling on one of his offerers."

"I'm just as hesitant as you but they're the only ones available. But remember, we have a Clarisse--that instantly puts us at an advantage." And that was enough to put your mind at ease for a while--you knew Clarisse would be able to handle those two.

The moment you step into the cottage, the scent of cinnamon and something sweet like vanilla is distinct in the air. You follow the trail to where it's strongest and end up in the kitchen. On the table, there are two candles lit which seem to be the source of the pleasant fragrance and a wine bottle full of a dark liquid along with two glasses. By now you've come to figure out things aren't always as they seem so you pick up the bottle, pull off the cork, and lift the lip just below your nose, inhaling deeply. Sure enough, the metallic, tangy but mouth-watering aroma of blood fills your senses and the urge to down the entire bottle chips away at your self-restraint. With a heavy heart, you put the cork back in and set the bottle down. This could wait until later.

"What's that?"

You turn to glance over your shoulder at Jimin and tap the side of the bottle. "A gift for us. Did you already get all our stuff?"

"Yeah, ran it up to the room," Jimin replies and glides over to the table, getting a whiff of the blood himself. He lets out a noise that's a mixture between a hum and a groan, eyes falling shut. "This is very much appreciated."