Chapter 14

Staring across the table at your boyfriend, you felt an overwhelming sense of hopelessness every time he would glance up at you for a split second before returning his attention to the plate of food in front of him. Sangmin kept giving him a look each time Jimin would stab his fork into his food a little too aggressively. You weren't entirely sure whether he was enjoying this or if irritation was starting to bite at him. If it was the latter, you're sure it would be because he's worried Jimin will damage the plate that is probably equally as expensive as a sports car. Jiyeon sits silently, an unreadable expression on her face, sometimes letting out what sounds to be a sigh of frustration.

"Jimin, what are you doing?" Sangmin finally asked, the uncomfortableness in the atmosphere only intensifying.

"What do you mean, father?" Jimin replied forcefully.

"If you keep doing that, you're gonna scratch the plate or something. Stop it." Well, that proves your previous statement.

"How do you expect me to eat? With my hands?" Jimin answered cheekily.

"Like your food isn't about to try and escape you. You're not hunting here, Jimin. Eat your food properly."

"I'm not--"

"No arguing," Jiyeon interrupted, a worn-out expression on her face as she raised both her hands to her temples. "Can't we just eat peacefully?"

Jimin snapped his mouth shut, jaw clenching. He glared at his food meanwhile Sangmin sipped his wine in a way that made it seem like he just won a battle.

"Are you alright, Jiyeon? You seem quite tired today," you noted quietly.

"Just work stuff, dear," Jiyeon answered. "A shipment that was supposed to arrive a couple of days ago hasn't yet. It's starting to stress me out."

"What shipment? I thought everything has come in?" Sangmin inquired, his brows furrowed.

Jiyeon waves a hand dismissively. "None of the stuff you look over, my love. It's something I've decided to get on my own."

They share a knowing look and a thousand thoughts run through your mind. It must be for the basement. So is it actually work-related then? Or is that supposed to be code for something else? You try to catch Jimin's gaze but he is still giving his food a death glare.

"Actually, I'm going to go check and see if there have been any changes regarding the delivery. If you'll excuse me." Jiyeon gets up from the table and calls in a maid to clear up her spot at the table as she exits the dining room.

Sangmin simply gets up without a word and leaves the room as well. Before you can say anything, Jimin pushed his chair back abruptly and uses his vampiric speed to run out of the room.

"Are you kidding me?" you groaned, letting your head fall to the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entering the room, you quickly noticed the bathroom lights on. It was probably Jimin since Eleanor was still cleaning up in the kitchen. She'd be arriving later to make sure you get to bed. You quickly change into some comfortable clothes for bed before tip-toeing over to the bathroom. Sure enough, Jimin was inside, a towel over his head as he dried his hair roughly. The moment he pulled the towel off and noticed you, he hung the towel up and left the room. For now, you decided to brush off the behaviour and quickly got to work, completing your nightly routine. Once finished, you left the bathroom and stepped out of the room into the hallway, waiting for Eleanor.

It didn't take long before you saw her coming from down the hall. She raised a brow quizzically, probably confused as to why you were waiting outside for her.