Chapter 8

The dining room is insanely large and yet the table was abnormally small. There were four chairs surrounding it but it easily could've fit two more people. Why have such a small table when you've got a large room with space to fill, especially considering how many people lived here. Sangmin was already seated at the table and Jiyeon was just sitting down now. She must've arrived only seconds before you and Jimin. Sangmin was at one head of the table and Jiyeon was at the other meaning you and Jimin would have to sit across from each other.

"I hope you enjoy the dinner we have prepared. I had the chefs make their best," Jiyeon said with a wink when you sat down.

As if on cue, a man and woman dressed in white and black entered the room with food on platters. A plate with salmon and seasoned rice was placed in front of each person. Just as quickly as they arrived, the man and woman left the dining room without saying a word now that they completed their task. Another man entered carrying wine glasses and a bottle, setting the drinks down in front of everyone and filling them expertly. Once finished, he bowed slightly before exiting as well.

"Well, dig in," Jiyeon encouraged, looking at you expectantly.

You glanced at the two men sitting at the table to see them both already staring at you so you nervously picked up a fork, putting a piece of fish on it and placing it in your mouth. Your eyes widened and you felt yourself relax as the exquisite meal practically melted in your mouth.

"This is incredible," you complimented after swallowing.

"Wonderful!" Jiyeon cheered before taking a bite of her own food.

You were honestly quite surprised when she did it but you were even more surprised when Sangmin followed suit. They wouldn't be able to taste it so you weren't sure why they would force themselves to eat it. Jimin always eats because he says it makes him feel normal and more human so you weren't fazed at all when he started eating. You had expected Jiyeon and Sangmin to both be drinking blood the entire dinner but you certainly weren't opposed to this scene. Not that them drinking blood would bother you--Jimin drinks it all the time and seeing as they were vampires it was very natural for them to do it.

"Um, you don't need to force yourselves to eat food just because I'm here," you said in a small, hesitant voice.

Both Jiyeon and Sangmin froze, turning to stare at you. Jimin also stopped and looked up at you with a blank expression before shoving another forkful of food into his mouth.

"Oh darling, it's alright. We eat food quite often whenever we go to events or on special occasions so this isn't a rare scene for us," Jiyeon reassured, looking over to Sangmin and smiling at him as if telling him to agree.

"If it makes you uncomfortable, however, we can stop and just drink instead," Sangmin offered.

You shook your head and waved your hands in front of you. "No, it's okay. I just wasn't sure if you were doing this all so I wouldn't get freaked out. I'm used to seeing vampires drink blood so I would be okay with you two skipping the meal."

Sangmin hummed in disinterest before turning to Jimin. "She doesn't seem bothered by you eating. I'm assuming you still force yourself to eat every day like a human but I hope you allow yourself a splurge once in a while. You do have offerers, correct?"

"Actually, I don't anymore," Jimin answered and you notice both his parents tense up for a moment. "I didn't really feel comfortable having them seeing as I love (Y/n). The thought of having to care for my girlfriend while also housing a bunch of other random girls was...a little odd. There are three girls who were previously my offerers who still live with us because they don't have anywhere else to go and are very close with (Y/n). They have blood transactions and fill bags that I drink from but only as a form of repayment for letting them stay. I only drink directly from (Y/n) now."