Chapter 21

Someone was holding you--carrying you, actually. One arm was supporting your back and the other was wrapped under your knees. The person was panting slightly, struggling to continue walking. You could tell who it was right away, not only because of his breathing pattern but also due to the warm, comforting aura his body exuded. Your eyes fluttered open and you were looking up at the silver-haired man, his eyebrows furrowed and face scrunched up in concentration. You tried to raise a hand to touch his face but it barely made it off your stomach before you stopped trying. The movement caught his attention and he stared down at you, concern evident in his eyes.

"Hey," he said softly. "How do you feel?"

"Like I've got a fifty-pound weight holding me down. I can't move more than an inch," you replied, voice rough.

"I'm not the only one affected by the sun anymore," Jimin joked with a smile. The expression was wiped from his face and he grew more serious. "We're almost there, just a few more minutes."

You turned your head to look in the direction he was walking and, much to your surprise, you could see the gates to the house up ahead. Then you remembered everything that Jiyeon had done and began to feel less safe with every step Jimin took. But he would be there with you, she wouldn't do any harm to him just to get at you. And Sangmin wouldn't condone this type of behaviour from her--he'll let you and Jimin go home. Right?

"Maybe I shouldn't go in. What if she tries to kill me the moment we step into the house? Better yet, what if she's waiting by the door with a freakin' stake in her hands?" you reasoned.

"If you really don't feel safe then you can wait outside. Just know that I will do everything to protect you from her and if you do decide to come in, she won't lay a finger on you," Jimin promised. "Now hold onto my neck tightly."

You did as he said, puzzled by the strange request. "Why--"

Jimin lifted his leg and kicked the gate with all his strength, forcing it to swing open and crash against the brick walls fencing the property. If Jiyeon didn't know you two were coming she certainly did now.

"What a way to make an entrance," you deadpanned.

"They should be aware of my arrival along with my not-too-thrilled mood. If anyone should be scared about us going into that house, it should be my mother," Jimin gritted out.

Although it seemed he was ready to collapse at any given moment, Jimin pushed on, marching to the front of the house, up the steps, and to the door. He placed you down on your feet but you immediately had to cling to his shoulder for support, legs feeling like noodles that couldn't support your weight. Jimin wrapped an arm around your waist, kissing the side of your head.

"Are you gonna kick this one open too?" you asked with a grin.

"Unfortunately I can't," Jimin replied.

Before you could question him, he opened the door and you were staring into the eyes of Eleanor. She looked frightened but the moment she saw you she relaxed and smiled, relieved.

"Because my mother likes to play tricks on me. Much to her disappointment, I've grown accustomed to her pranks and know exactly what she would pull in certain situations."

Jimin walked into the doorframe and moved Eleanor aside with his free arm gently. She was still looking at you the whole time with a need in her eyes, almost like she was holding back from attacking you with a hug. The clearing of a throat caught your attention and when you looked over in the direction it had come from you felt your blood beginning to boil.

"Glad to see you made it home safe. Both of you," Jiyeon said, a smile on her face but eyes void of emotion. "Eleanor, you can move now. Why don't you go to the kitchen?"