prologue

____________THIRD POV

____________
THIRD POV

"no but seriously can we talk about how fucking cool it is that we're all here right now?" sapnap exclaims after they decide who sleeps where.

"language!" bad screams.

"i know!" karl screams from alex's new sofa next to alex himself.

"don't tell me you actually do that in person too." alex complains.

"i honestly didn't think this would happen unless at like vidcon or something." clay laughs out from beside where george, wilbur, and niki are hovering to keep warm.

"i can't believe im looking at your face. and in person." george pipes up from his seat.

"THIS IS GONNA BE SO POGGERS!" tommy exclaims jumping up.

"VOUCH VOUCH VOUCH!" karl starting yelling.

what they seem to have forgotten is that in an apartment building there are neighbors so while they start to play some music and get to know eachother in person alex's new neighbor is trying to study.

jude is studying for her chem exam. now she majors in something completely different from that but college is stupid and confusing so she still takes chemistry.

her two roommates are out with their significant others and seeing as its a friday she wouldn't normally give a noise complaint but she does anyway.

she gets up with a sigh and walks out of her apartment door to the next door five feet away.

she calmly knocks on the door, tugging on her sweater that falls over her shorts.

"i'll get it!" karl, the closest to the door yells.

he opens the door to see possibly the most beautiful girl he has ever seen in front of him.

"so you should probably know that people can make noise complaints after 11pm here." she starts with a small smirk, gaining the confidence to flirt with a cute guy.

"now, most of the people here are other college students but i happen to know the lady just a floor down is a single mom who works on weekends so please try to be considerate of that going forward." she continues as she notices small details on him like that his eyes are really blue and his hair looks really soft and fluffy.

"right. im so sorry we didn't even notice how loud we were being." karl steps more outside and closes the door before talking.

"it's honestly ok. on the guy that used to live in that apartments first night here he threw a party. two weeks later he was evicted. but to be fair he also threw one almost everyday so i think you will be fine. she probably didn't even notice but i thought i should warn you." jude ended her sentence with a wink.

he blushes slightly before chuckling awkwardly. "well thanks for the warning...."

"jude. it's nice to meet you."

"hi jude im karl." he says with a large smile that she finds absolutely adorable.

"so do you go to school around here?"

seeing his confused look she continues. "well like i said most people here are college students. i personally go to Columbia while my roommates both go to NYU so im wondering if you're starting after break?"

at this karl gets stuck for a moment.

internally he knows its wrong to lie so he should just come clean and say that he is just visiting. but what if she doesn't talk to him because she doesn't want to get to know someone who's leaving next month?

what if she only dates or befriends guys in college? she doesn't seem to know who he is. something about her is alluring, shes friendly, she has a nice sense of humor, and she's pretty. really pretty. he feels drawn to her. to get to know her. befriend her. talk to her more.

and that is what makes him say,

"yeah ill actually be going to NYU too haha."

she goes to say something when tommy screams from inside the apartment, "KARL HELP THE ELDERLY ARE FIGHTING US!"

he meant george and wilbur.

jude gives karl a strange look before nodding woth a small smile. "you should probably save the squeaky voiced kid from grandma and grandpa but it was nice meeting you and im right across the hall if you need me."

karl goes to speak because he wants to talk more but stops himself. what would he even say?

'ignore him thats tommy.'

'he's just a child dont listen to him.'

'come inside?'

'i actually don't go to college and im also 22. and leaving after new year's.'

yeah none of those sound necessarily reasonable so with a quick wave he opens the door, walking inside.

jude immediately turns around with a smile.

so cute boys name is karl.