chapter nineteen

______________THIRD POV

______________
THIRD POV

"hey man, so how fast can you get to new york?" alex asks karl as soon as he picks up his call. karl makes a weird face at his camera, muting himself and putting on music for chat to listen to.

he was in the middle of a live when he got a call from alex. "what, why?"

"your ex has a show next week. she's in a band."

karl leans up in his seat, suddenly interested. his friends on the discord call start joking about what he could be talking about. corpse makes a comment on the fact that he might end the stream for whatever it is.

"are you serious?" karl ponders, "since when?"

"apparently last week her and her roomates started one, along with starting acting auditions."

karl laughs in disbelief, "on top of all her classes starting again? that's going to be stressful on her."

"well calm your worrying, chat is curious on what's going on."

"sorry chat," karl unmutes quickly, looking over his chat for a few seconds then speaking again. "i'm trying to think of a romantic gesture."

he mutes again, not caring enough to think about what he just said live to 200k people.

"yup that helped." alex sighs. "she invited me and it's a bar type of thing so you can come too. if you can get here. i just wanted to tell you so you have at least the chance to come and properly apologize. "

karl nods, "right, thanks man i'll be there as soon as i can."

he ends the call and unmutes, looking over the chat to see them still freaking out. "well chat, we have been live for about an hiur and a half and i think i'm going to end it here. thanks for watching! i'm sending you over to... ranboo! so stick around to watch that! enjoy ranboo's live lets send you to him. bye chat!"

he raids ranboo and watches his live for a few minutes out of respect before leaving.

karl sighs, leaning back in his chair and starts looking up flights to new york.

"so, a romantic gesture huh?" corpse asks, alerting him that he is still on the discord call. everyone in the call laughs at the surprised shriek he lets out.

"is this about that girl you told us about?" tina asks in a teasing voice. george and sapnap start to tease him.

dream speaks up for the first time since he ended the live. "w- w- wait jude? you're doing some romantic gesture for jude? didn't she like break up with you for lying to her?"

george laughs in agreement, "yeah she dumped you on new years in front of all of us."

"thanks guys." karl scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"don't stress it, i mean she'll like probably forgive you if you try hard enough." tina tells him reassuringly. kind of. her voice was pretty monotonous. but she meant to be comforting.

karl nods, reassuring himself the goal is forgiveness and her comfortableness and happiness, they all chat for a few more minutes, the dream team sharing stories about jude that they have before leaving the call one by one.

before corpse leaves he tells karl one thing. "talk to her. i don't know her but she deserves an apology so apologize. take full responsibility and shut up and listen when she needs you to."

he hadn't gotten the chance to apologize to her in person since new years. she didn't leave her apartment the last day he was there and never answered him.

he had never said the words "i'm sorry." to her. not for this at least.

he tries to think about their time together and the fun memories about her that clay, george, and sapnap talked about.

"you're making music?" jude asks clay in disbelief, looking over to karl who sits on the other side of the table at the restaurant.

the group were all out for the last night before the dream team left.

clay nods. and sapnap scoffs. "yep he sings all the time and he has always been into making music so he is. like wilbur i guess."

judith gasps, "WILBUR makes music? why did none of you tell me!"

they give her bashful looks, if they show her his music she might find out their online personas and dream is a bit hesitant with that idea right now. he likes her, she's super cool, but he has only known her a few days.

"i'll play it for you some time." is all niki says in a response. the group quickly change the subject, talking over eachother and all about dufferent things. the conversation that interests her the most is the one with george and sapnap.

"so are you planning on telling us who the two people are at any point or..?" sapnap teases.

george groans in frustration. "nope. and don't even try to guess."

"or what? what will happen? what are you going to hit me?" sapnap quickly retaliates.

karl taps jude from next to her. "they're always like this you know."

judith raises an eyebrow.

"yup. it is extremely tiring trying to get anything done. especially games or competitions. they could be on the same side and would argue over who carried the team." karl continues, mock glaring at the bickering duo.

"infact that's happened. " clay buts in from across from karl. the group had gotten a long table so clay got stuck in between george and alex. even worse is that someone let sapnap sit next to george. the other four (jude, karl, niki, and minx) were seated across from them in that order.

"many times." alex finishes. which emits a laugh out of jude.

she absolutely loves the dynamics between the whole group. sapnap was the whiny, sassy one. alex was the funny, energetic one. george was the pretty one who always seemed annoyed. minx was the loud and bold one. niki was her opposite, being quiet and sweet. clay was the sarcastic one and also super cocky sometimes and had to babysit sapnap and george. and karl was the sweetheart, the touchy one.

jude didn't really know where she fit in then but it was fine with her. they had time.

judith was the newbie who deserved better. but she was also the activity planner. she always told them what they were going to do and when they were doing it. she was the thoughtful one. she always payed attention and helped out. she was unapologetically herself.

but then again so were all of them.

so are all of them. which is why karl is quick to book a flight to new york for 10pm that night.

(a/n: i will be finishing these books before i start school on the 23rd i swear to god. i had all summer and before and nope-

so sorry if the updates will be a bit rushed but i genuinely love these books and i know waiting for updates is never fun so i want them done for u guys and new possible readers !!

p.s. idk how much tina and karl talked in january but im adding her here cus i love her <3

see you next update,, written 8-3-21,, bee,out.)