chapter twelve

____________THIRD POV

____________
THIRD POV

"why do you like walking so much?" karl asks jude as they take a walk around the city later that night.

"it calms me." she shrugs, pulling her hat down so it covers her ears more.

"it calms everyone, there's something different with you." karl responds, not tearing his gaze away from her.

jude stops, looking to find his eyes on her. she sighs, looking down.

"it's always been my getaway i guess. other kids played video games or played with pets to get away from fighting parents, i went on walks that lasted hours."

she blows a strand of her hair out of her face before speaking again, starting to walk again too.

"when me and miles started dating, he took that away from me. even- no, especially when we fought he hated not knowing where i was. he hated that maybe i could walk to a friends house, god forbid an attractive one."

"for almost two years i couldn't go on any walks alone, even to get mail." she finishes, rolling her eyes a bit and going silent.

karl is silent too, taking in everything she just told him.

"well then we better take as many walks as you want before winter break is over."

hearing that makes jude smile, looking to karl with a grin on her face she hugs him.

the man blushes scarlet, watching her pull away.

before she could get too far he pulls her in for a kiss.

their second kiss is different than the first, full of passion and intensity. their lips clumsily clashing a bit due to unfamiliarity but it works. jude swears she can feel butterflies all the way in her feet.

they stay that way until they hear a shout from ahead of them.

"jesus fucking christ when i left to get food i didn't expect to come back to this." alex says with a disgusted look on his face, niki and minx not too far behind.

minx whacks him on the head, "i didn't get a picture you fucker!"

niki laughs and claps, nodding. "i did!"

"oh thank fuck." minx says, leaning to look at her phone.

"wait i want to see!" jude runs over to them, huddling together to stay warm.