chapter eleven

___________THIRD POV

___________
THIRD POV

"adventure time, come on grab your friends." karl starts singing the theme song for the seventh time since the show had started, quietly so jude could continue to sleep.

"karl, i genuinely like you but shhh just shh." she speaks up, her voice slightly groggily from sleep.

karl's heart skips a beat, both out of fear and also she said she likes him!

he convinces himself not to get his hopes up so he quietly responds, "sorry."

as karl composes himself jude turns over to look at him.

she grabs his left hand, pulling on his fingers and touching along his palm.

"what are you doing?" karl giggles out after watching her play with his hand for over five minutes straight.

"you have nice hands!" she responds calmly, not knowing the effect she had on him. he blushes a deep scarlet, thankful she isn't looking at him.

"thank you?" his giggle is nervous this time, taking the time to think about her words.

"can i paint your nails?" she speaks up again after they sit in silence for another few minutes, karl turning off adventure time.

he nods as she looks at him, prepared to beg. she drops his hand, clapping hers together with a barely audible "yay!"

she jumps up and skips to her room coming back with two different shades of blue that match his sweater.

he laughs, clapping his hands together in excitement. he had painted his nails a few times before and even bought nail polish of his own but something about her doing it felt exciting.

"okay okay so put your hands right here," she starts, patting the back if the sofa, "and let's start with your right hand."

he nods, listening intently as if she was saying something revolutionary when in reality she was explaining how she liked to paint nails and that she might not be the best at it.

"can i paint yours?" karl asks as she starts with his pinkie. she looks up at him in awe, miles let her paint his nails once but would never offer to pain hers.

he notices her silence and takes it as a bad thing. "i- i can match your outfit too! if you wan-"

"yeah sure that sounds really cool."

"cool." he nods, keeping his cool but internally screaming.

"radical." she smirks back at him, looking down to continue on with his hand.