[ 15 ]

The long-awaited Friday came like a blink of the eye, coincidentally, it was Christmas Eve too. Aine was sitting by her bed, and when she caught sight of her owl, Hestia flying onto the window, she handed the bird the letter she wrote to her dad, it was a usual tradition that she'll send him an extra letter on Christmas Eve because she wasn't there with him. "Thank you, Hestia." the girl says, tickling the owl's little head before taking off with her letter.

She heaved a sigh, almost half of the students at Hogwarts had gone home to celebrate the holidays but she decided to stay behind with her friends. Aine stood up, it was around 2 o'clock and she was preparing to head to the Astronomy Tower where she agreed to meet and hang out with Draco Malfoy. It seems silly when you think about it, just casually chilling with Draco, whom everyone literally hates. Aine thought so too until she decided to not let it bother her, everyone had a free opinion on who he was and Aine's view of him had changed.

Hopping off the bed, she made her way to the long mirror and brushed her wavy raven hair, it was flowing beneath her breast and it was glossed and shiny. She made a simple braid with it and wore a wine-red jumper with red leggings and black laced boots, grabbing a black wool shawl since it'll probably be freezing before heading off.

Aine left the Gryffindor common room, her shawl over her body as she heads to the tower, her hand pushing the tiny little box into the side pocket of her jumper. Her footsteps were light before it picked up its pace, and now she was walking briskly, the cool wind slapping on her face. Crossing the moving staircase and onto corridors, it wasn't long until she reaches the Astronomy Tower. 

She pauses, bringing her long braid to the side, and adjusts her outfit before peeping to see if anyone was there from below where she was. And there was.

He stood there, back faced her, leaning onto the Astronomy tower with his full black outfit: turtleneck with a thick black coat and pants. His hair was blowing with the wind, and as soon as she took the steps up, he turned around. Draco's face was pale, but his nose was pink, Aine wondered how long had he stood there, he was early. She wanted to come earlier, but apparently, he was even ahead of her.

"Hey", he greets casually with a smile as she walks in, "Hey", she replies, mirroring his smile on her face. Draco looks at her from top to toe, it was crazy how amazing she looks even with simple clothing and above them all, her eyes were mesmerising. "Happy Christmas Eve!" Aine says, approaching him.

"Um... Yeah," he mumbles, looking away as soon as she caught him staring at her, "Happy Christmas Eve." he finishes.

The two of them leaned forward onto the metal railings, snow dusting on their clothing but they didn't mind. There was a gust of wind and Aine held onto her hair as if preventing it from messing up, but it didn't do much help since her hair was already a little messy. Draco chuckles, and Aine looks to him, "What's so funny?" she asks, and he shakes his head, "Why don't you just let go of your hair, let it flow?" he suggested.

"It'll go all over my face, with the wind blowing all around us." 

It was true, standing at the tower, with no wall but pillars supporting the structure. The wind was coming in all directions and her shawl was flying. Perhaps it was a bad idea to come here especially since it's colder than she expected. "I think you look beautiful" Draco commented suddenly and Aine looks to him, flustered with the sudden compliment.

"Stop teasing me," she replies, in hopes to brush away the embarrassment. "What? I'm just stating the facts." He said cooly.

Aine rolls her eyes, she was sure he was ridiculing her, wouldn't be the first time he does anyways.

"Why don't we sit down?" Draco mutters, and without thinking, he grabs Aine by the wrist and pulled her to sit down by the stairs, still gazing at the winter view of Hogwarts. The conversation between them was often revolving around Harry, and now that they were together here, the topics to talk was literally nothing. Both of them didn't even know what to say as their minds were flooded with questions they were too conscious to ask. All they ever did was sat down and stare at the white mountains ahead, like a blank canvas.