[ 13 ]

As Aine pushes open the portrait door to the Gryffindor common room, someone tapped on her shoulder from behind. She turned to see three of her fellow friends-- Harry, Ron and Hermione, and Hermione gave a small smile along with Ron, Harry was looking rather grim. With a raised brow, Hermione turns to Harry and then back at Aine and whispers, "Later". Aine nods and watches as Harry passes by them into the common room, leaving sighs behind.

"What happened?" Aine asks, concerned and Ron nudges Hermione, "You do the explaining, I'm going to check on him to see if he's alright."

"Of course he isn't!" Hermione replies sharply, "Oh, alright. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid and give him some time alone to sort it all out," she adds. The boy nodded and smiles at Aine, "See you later." he said before trailing after his friend.

The girls went in afterwards, settling at a quiet corner of the room, "Did something happen?" Aine questions, as they sat down. Hermione gave a small exhalation, and then took a deep breath, "Well, I honestly don't know where to start, Aine." 

"It's alright, you can take your time. I'm here."

Hermione glances at Aine, grateful as she started, "Harry overheard a conversation with the professors and Ministry staffs at Hogsmeade." and she pauses, "Apparently, it's about Sirius Black."

"What about him?" Aine asks and Hermione purses her lips, "He knew his parents, or rather... They were close friends." she gasps, and the brunette nods her head sadly, "He--" she stops again, finding her words caught in her throat, it was hard to say it out nonetheless. It was brutal and surreal, "He sold his parents to Vold-- To the dark lord." she corrected and Aine's eyes grew wide. 

How could he?

To think that Harry's parents' death was because of Sirius Black made Aine's blood boiled, he was their friend, perhaps even one of their bests. How could he have betrayed them to Tom-- No-- Voldemort? She clenches her fists, balling it and urged Hermione to go on, "That's not just it."

She braced herself, what could be worst?

"Sirius Black is also Harry's godfather," Hermione mutters and Aine looks at her in disbelief, "You're joking." and the girl shook her head, and Aine's mouth gaped open, "That just got a whole lot twisted."

She couldn't imagine how awful Harry would feel, to hear the reason behind his family's death and to find out that it was all because of their best friend. She couldn't. Aine felt disgusted, and anger and hatred flowed into her, how could anyone be as evil-- and heinous? She glares at the flame behind her, she understood the resentment Harry had, and honestly... She wouldn't mind if he took revenge. And the fact that if he could ki--

"Aine?" Hermione calls out, cutting her thoughts away as she looks up, "What's wrong?" she asks.

Blinking back, Aine quickly replies, "Nothing." Just now, for that split second, what was she thinking? She looks away, confused, and unable to meet Hermione's eyes for a while, was she just thinking about... murder.

She took a deep breath, clearing her mind, why did she think of such a cruel thing? 

"Yeah, so just try not to talk anything about that if you see him. I don't know what he's thinking or what he may try to do." Her friend warns and Aine simply nods, "Yeah... I will."

~~

The following morning, Aine will have her first lesson with Professor Lupin, after receiving a word yesterday that he wants to see both Harry and herself for some practice tutoring. She was still a little bummed about yesterday, and wondered how will she face Harry now? He seemed pretty mad last night after all.