[ 07 ]

Aine watches as the third years' students gather around Professor McGonagall and the caretaker, Mr Filch, Ginny resting her chin on the railing as they stood at one of the balconies of Hogwarts. "I can't wait till we're old enough to go to Hogsmeade! I'm the only one left in our family who hasn't been there and Fred and George won't shut up talking about how great the village is." Ginny complains and Aine giggles. She has heard of the wonderful butterbeer and a candy shop with all kinds of sweets and gummies, "We just have to wait until next year!" Aine replies, trying to cheer her friend up. Hermione promised them that she'll get some souvenirs from the village and Ron even agreed to try to smuggle some butterbeer back. 

The girls watch, as students began following Mr Filch, and Harry who was trying to persuade the Gryffindor house head to sign his form. Aine stares at the boy, almost begging the professor but she was firm, not giving into him before walking off but stopping to turn back at him to apologize. Hermione and Ron exchanged looks with Harry, their eyes full of worry and pity. "It's fine, I'll see you later," he says to them both grouchily and turns his heels, back into the castle.

"Poor Harry." Ginny mutters under her breath, "If only he asked mom and dad. I'm sure they'll be delighted to sign it for him." 

"Yeah, mine would too," Aine replies, and Ginny smiles at her friend, they knew how horrific the Dursleys were, always taking advantage of Harry, punishing him when they could and insulting his family lineage. There was no doubt, there'll be a day when the boy finally burst and did something to them. 

Aine recalled as Ron told her that Harry had set off his aunt, turning her into a balloon and floating away because she was mocking Harry's dad, James, and mom, Lily. The girl gazed ahead, watching Harry's figure slowly diminishing away into the corridors, they deserved that. She couldn't stand it when people are being abusive in their language, humiliating when they know nothing. She thought, perhaps sometimes, muggles are worse than wizards. 

There were a sigh and Ginny taps on Aine's shoulders, "Come on. Fred and George want to show us something." and with that, they both turn around and went on their ways. The girls were about to enter the common room when there was suddenly a whip, causing them both to jerk around to see a familiar pair of faces grinning at them. 

"Hello, boys." Aine greets and Fred Weasley rests his arm on Aine's shoulders. "About time you girls came!" he says happily with a pout on his face.

"What is it?" Ginny asks and George links his arm around his little sister, winking at Aine before the twins drag them both away without another word. Soon enough, the girls were brought to Gryffindor common room. It seemed pretty spacious, probably because many of the upper-year students were in Hogsmeade. 

They sat around the fireplace on the carpet, it was always so cosy and nice sitting around there. "Well, what are we doing?" Ginny asks, curiously. "Well that, sis..." Fred began, as he starts rummaging his pockets, and George mirrored his actions by pulling out his. There was some wrinkling sound plopping from their pouches and candies started pouring to the floor.

The girls' eyes widened, looking at all of the candies-- transparent, brightly coloured baubles with glitter inside them. They were all wrapped with clear plastic that moved as if they were dancing. "What is that?" Aine questions, picking one green candy up as it tap-dances on her palms. 

Fred smirks at his brother, "It's our creation."

"We made those", George adds and he continued explaining to them both, "We got a little creative over the holidays and have been brewing stuff like these," he says, taking a yellow one up and looking at the glitter through the fire. "They are candies that pop in your mouth."