[ 03 ]

On the last week before Aine heads back to Hogwarts for the start of her new year, she had gone to the Leaky Cauldron to meet up with her friends alongside her father. She hasn't seen any of them personally ever since before the holidays started, as the Weasleys and Granger family was travelling, and Harry... Let's just say he was locked up. Aine was rather surprised when she finally received a letter from Harry, telling her that he left the Dursleys and ended up staying at the Leaky Cauldron for about 3 weeks. 

When the Estoileons arrived at the pub, it was bustling with so many witches and wizards. It was very warm and homey to say at least. "Aine!" a girl's voice called from behind and when Aine turns, a pair of arms circled around her, the weight pulling Aine back as she stumbles, grabbing the nearby chair for support. Aine saw a bunch of familiar red-heads all smiling at her and Ginny releases her arms, her long straight hair was longer and had a small portion braided down her face, framing it. "Ginny!" Aine greets with a bright smile and she turns to the remaining Weasleys, "Hello boys!"

"Hiya Aine!" Ron grins, he was taller now, and his ginger locks were longer and wavy too. Fred and George circles around their friend and ruffled her hair, "Wow, Ai, you've grown taller!" George compliments, "Yeah! But still shorter than us!" Fred teases and Aine pouts, "Someday, I'm going to be taller than you both." 

"Yeah, maybe in like 10 years!" they say together and the three started bickering around. "Now, now, boys!" Mrs Weasley scolds from behind and rushes to give Aine a great big hug, grabbing the young girl's cheeks that now flushed pink to examine her. Once she was satisfied, she let go and gave a motherly smile. "How are you, Aine?" Mr Weasley inquires and Aine smiles, "Great. What about you, Mr Weasley?"

"Very well, indeed." he boasts and Mrs Weasley shot him a look before looking behind Aine, "Elliot!" she calls and Aine's father walked towards her as they share a friendly hug before Mr Weasley gave his friend another. "Arthur! Molly!" Elliot greets.

The adults proceeded to have a seat, chatting away while the Weasley children went on about what they were doing. Hermione soon joined them, carrying a new fluffy face and Aine's eyes glisten with excitement. "Hermione!" she calls and the brunette made her way over to Aine.

"Hello, Aine!" Hermione smiles, enthusiastically while pulling her new friend into Aine and Ginny's face. "I've gotten a cat!" she brags, "His name is Crookshanks! Isn't he lovely?"

"His face looked like he punched in." Ron sniggers from the corner, and the twins burst out laughing. It was true, the ginger cat looked grouchy, angry almost, but he had the softest coat and a mane that made it look like a lion. Apparently, it was a half-kneazle, a kind of magical beast that looked like a cat. Its big sleepy yellow eyes gazed up to the two girl's faces and blinks as he stares at Aine's yellow eyes. "His eyes are beautiful." she compliments and Hermione tickled the back of Crookshank's ears. 

"Can we pet him?" Ginny asks eagerly and instead of Hermione replying, the cat looked up again and lowers his head, almost as if he was accepting their touch. And the girls began petting his fluffy fur, squealing as they admire the cuteness of the cat. It even purred as they stroked his coat, and scratched his chin. "He loves it!" Hermione giggles and Crookshanks blinked once more, satisfied with the affection.

The girls sat by the stairs, talking about what they did over the holidays and Hermione brought out some souvenirs from her bag, along with a present for Aine since they couldn't celebrate with her before. Hermione had given her, well... Everyone guessed it, a book about edible plants and flowers used for potions. "Thank you, Hermione." Aine gasp, grabbing the book as she flips through the pages. Ginny had gotten Aine a preserved flower paperweight ornament and it was very pretty, she whispers to Aine, "I got it from Luna, she made it."