[ 10 ]

The skies rumbled, growing grey with thick clouds circling around as if creating a portal in the skies. Flashed with lightning, soon, raindrops were pattering on the windows, each thud getting louder and louder. Today, was the day of the Quidditch match between the Gryffindors, and the  Hufflepuffs. Aine walked out to the common room's main area, passing a purring Crookshanks which she stroked and tickled his chin, "See you later, Shanks." and she left to the great hall.

As usual, just like any other match, the Gryffindor team would gather together for a meal together, readdressing the game strategy. She saw Oliver Wood, the captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team, standing up and placing one arm on the table, looking very serious and pinpointing several pointers. Aine caught sight of George turning to her, giving her a small smile which she returned. Harry was there too, looking awfully concerned. 

She walked towards Hermione, Ron and Ginny, sitting down next to Ron as they looked to the side where the team was, clearly eavesdropping on their conversation. There were some worried faces, and Aine knew, it was partly because of the bad weather. She still couldn't imagine they have to play in such weather, what if an accident happened? As much as she loved the rain, she was still feeling competitive and hated it to have rained on such an important day.

"Now, as I mentioned, be careful of Diggory." Oliver said, furrowing his brows, "He's the Hufflepuffs seeker, I reckon one of the best too." 

"Yeah, we know," Fred says and Angelina snickers, gaining a piercing glare from their captain, Aine noticed Harry was drowned in his thoughts, she knew Cederic Diggory, he was a fifth-year, meaning to say he was a year older than Fred and George, and a year younger than Percy.  She only saw him during quidditch matches and often sitting around the courtyard, with a flock of girls surrounding him. Well, that was to be expected, he was according to many, handsome after all. Not to mention, he had a good personality too and was a school prefect. 

The team dug into their porridge, not having the appetite, and merely playing around with their spoons. "It's going to be a tough match." Oliver sighs and Angelina soothed, "Stop worrying, Oliver", she went on, "We don't mind a bit of rain." The rest nodded their heads, trying to assure their captain, but Harry simply stared blankly at his food. He was concerned, being the seeker meant that victory was part of his job to achieve. Cederic was older than him, played quidditch longer than him, and he probably had the weight to not get blown away in this weather. Slowly, he could feel his confidence dropping, his teammates seemed to have noticed their youngest seeker feeling the weight of the game. Taking the initiative, Fred circled his shoulders, "It's okay, Harry! Just do your best!"

Everyone gave a reassuring nod, grateful, Harry straightened his back, "Thanks", he said.

Oliver took a deep breath, then he boomed, "ALRIGHT! LET'S DO THIS!" and fisted the air, surprising almost everyone in the great hall. He shoved his fist forward, and every member did the same, "LET'S CRUSH THEM, GRYFFINDORS." Oliver roars, and there was a loud chant before they made their way out of the hall, heading for the barracks to change for the game.

Aine, Hermione, Ginny and Ron made their way to the Quidditch pitch, everyone was hurdled in raincoats, the hoods covering over their heads as they hung low. The rain was heavier, even the raindrops falling were harsh. The wind was ferocious, and umbrellas were definitely useless as they only seemed to be blown away by the wind. Aine watches, as the members of the game whooshed up into the air, their broomsticks swaying left and right vigorously, and they seemed to have a hard time keeping it steady. 

Lee Jordan was the commentator, "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, professors and students! Today's match will be between the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs! Now, the weather's a little brutal today, so let's hope this game would be well played! And of course, I'm rooting for our ferocious Gryffindors! Get that victory, Wood!"