"write me letters in your spare time"

[remedy - tiffi ]

[remedy - tiffi ]

                                             ____________________________________________

Alex stared at the blank piece of paper on Julie's desk.

Just pick up the pen.

He blinked.

Pick it up.

He couldn't. 

Alex sighed, frustrated.

[ 2 hours ago ]

Alex and Julie were hanging out in her room. After months of preaching her boundaries rule, she finally let the boys in sometimes for movie nights or even just to hang out after a show. The garage would still be their main hangout spot, but Julie's crib has become a comforting space for the band as well.

As Julie painted her nails, Alex looked curiously at the tiny tub containing the purple substance.

"Julie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you paint your nails?"

Julie smiled, as if it was an obvious question. "Just for fun, Alex. And sometimes to zone myself out when it gets a little too much in my head."

Julie started to blow on her left hand, nails fully painted. She caught Alex staring at her purple nails again, and an idea formed in her head.

"Alex, would you like me to paint your nails?"

A sudden brightness lit up in Alex. "I mean....if you wanna..." he drawled, and Julie hit him lightly with her right hand.

"Yes. Please." Alex smiled, teeth gleaming wide.

Julie brought out her box of nail polish and gestured it to him. "Choose a color."

"Pink. And maybe white."

Julie picked out a baby pink color, and a white color with glitter. She motioned for Alex to offer his hand and started painting on the pinkie nail. 

Ever since Julie was able to touch the boys, it felt like she had three new living friends, no longer ghosts. Yet, she was still the only human who could see them, which was a little puzzling.

As Julie painted on the pink polish, she tried to fill the silence. "So, tell me about Willie."

"Well.. He's basically the exact opposite of me. He likes sports, the outdoors, music with heavy bass."

"Oooh. And you don't like any of that?"

"Well, he's been teaching me how to skateboard a little. I end up on my butt most of the time, but it's mostly fun."

Julie nods and grows silent, concentrating on Alex's nails. Suddenly, Alex feels like blurting out something random.

"Sometimes I feel like writing him letters."