"like a star"

SONG: Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae

____________________________________________________________

Just like a star across my sky,

Just like an angel off the page,

You have appeared into my life,

Feel like I'll never be the same.....

"How's that?" Alex asks, looking up at Julie.

Julie's eyes sparkle with glee. "That.. was.. Amazing. Alex! You're a natural at piano!"

Alex smiles discreetly. "Nah, you helped me a lot. Thank you."

"Willie is going to love it."

Alex shrugs and looks to the side. Julie eyes him suspiciously.

"You are performing it to him, right? That's why you took these piano lessons from me?"

"We-ell.." Alex's pitch goes higher than usual, which is usually what happens when he's nervous or trying to prove a point.

"I'm scared he won't like it."

"What's not to like? Your voice is like butter, and your fingers glide so effortlessly on the keys. You're amazing, period."

"Woah, Julie, coming off a little strong." Alex jokes, and Julie rolls her eyes.

"I'm just saying! Anyone, especially Willie, would be honored to be serenaded by Alex The Drummer."

"Alex The Drummer?"

"You didn't exactly tell me your last name."

"It's- It's dumb."

"Tell me!"

"It's Pierson."

"Awww... I was expecting something much more embarrassing."

Alex playfully nudges Julie, and she laughs.

"So? Are you performing it to him?"

"Yeah.. Tonight during dinner."

"Oooh!"

"Yeah.. I'm having a whole candlelit dinner at this place Luke and Reg help me set up. Sometimes one pair of ghost hands is not enough to prepare for a date."

"Hey.. You didn't ask for my help."

"You've helped me more than enough with these piano lessons, my fair Julie," Alex dramatically twirls for her and pretends to kiss her hand.

"Bleh. You're being way too romantic for me. Get outta here!" Julie shoos him out of the garage slash studio, and he gives her a goofy grin before poofing out.

Julie shivers. She will never get used to the poofing thing.

                                                                               ~~~