Chapter Twenty-one | The Unfair Court

WARNING: Sexual Assault

--

SHE NEVER COUNTED BEFORE, but now that (Name) had done it, she realized it's been almost three months since she came here to Ignis, got married to Bakugou, and faced responsibilities she had to take on.

And she realized that she haven't had any improvements in her coup yet. Well, that's not exactly true because she have Uraraka and she's been a big help. But, her goal of earning an ally, an important person from the court, is yet to be accomplished.

A few days after the conflict in the southern Kingdom, (Name) now has time to work on her coup.

She wondered if she will be able to see a potential ally today.

(Name) lay on her bed as small rays of sunlight streamed from a crack in the curtain. It felt weird to wake up with the curtains still shielding the room from the blinding lights of the sun because usually, Uraraka would come in and draw the curtains. It's a painful thing to wake up to the lights blinding (Name) but it had proved effective.

Is it late? (Name) asked herself and shifted to see the clock on her desk to see that she woke up later than she usually does.

She wondered if Uraraka slept in. (Name) got up and wrapped a robe around her figure. She opted to get ready by herself, understanding that Uraraka would have her off days.

Just as she was about to start, the door to her room opened and Uraraka rushed inside.

(Name) heard her sniff and saw the brunette wiped her eyes. The royalty began to worry and when Uraraka approached her, she saw her swollen eyes indicating that she has been crying.

"Uraraka, what's wrong?" (Name) asked.

"It's nothing, Your Majesty." She tried to shake it off. "I'm sorry I'm late, it will never happen again."

"No, it's all right. Tell me what happened."

"It's nothing...just some noble being a noble."

"Did they hurt you?"

"No, but they were being rude. It's not important, Your Majesty. It happens sometimes, let us forget it, please."

(Name) hesitated and gave no answer yet as Uraraka began to rummage through her trunk for a dress.

"All right," (Name) sighed, "I still can't help but worry though. If they ever tried to do something to you again, you tell me, ok?"

Uraraka paused before nodding and forced a smile on her lips. "Yes. Thank you, (Name)."

After that, (Name) went to the dining room to eat breakfast and when she went inside, she was suprised to find Bakugou.

Parchments were sprawled in front of him, his plate pushed aside, a glass of scotch rested near his hand as he read and signed papers.

The blonde look up when she walked in and (Name) messed inside her head to try and find a thing to say.

"Morning." She chirped quietly and quickly sat down on her seat. Then her breakfast was served and she thanked the servants.

She started to eat quietly. As (Name) swallowed her food, she's also being swallowed by the awkwardness that hung in the air.

She really doesn't know how to approach Bakugou after all the problems they've been through. Especially after the conflict in Terra, when they arrived at Ignis and the next day when they carried out his condition in which they did not announce the truth about how they ended the rebellions in the south.