Chapter Forty-three | To Be A Queen

THE ROYAL PALACE of Ignis perfectly faces the south while turning its back on the north. It appears to symbolize Ignis' ties with Terra and its antagonism against Glacia. 

Kirishima himself thinks it's just perfect despite his reproach against the war with Glacia, he begrudgingly sat in his carriage, accompanied by his sword and gun, as the militia marched all the way from the eastern gate of the palace. The plan was to travel by the woods in the north of the palace in order to avoid the rebels protesting at the southern gate. Kirishima's place is within the higher ranks of the militia, he rides a small distance away from the high-ranking officers. Surprisingly, General Aizawa is yet to march with them. Soon, the head of the line will be passing the western gate while the last of their men at the far end will have to exit the eastern gate. 

At least, that's what Kirishima thinks. 

All of a sudden, the marching stopped so did his carriage. Puzzled, Kirishima peeked at the window to his left and saw they stopped near the perimeters of the western gate. He slowly opened the door and went down from his carriage. Colonel Tokoyami was on sight and the redhead approached him to make sense of the situation. 

"What has happened?" Kirishima asked. 

Tokoyami, mounted on his horse, looked down at Kirishima. "We are to stop here." 

"Did something happen? Are there any enemies up front?" 

"No. I'm just carrying out my duty." 

Kirishima is more confused than ever. He remembered that Bakugou's orders were thorough and absolute; they march towards Glacia without stopping so it will only be reasonable to think that this is not ordered by Bakugou. 

"On whose orders?" Kirishima called out for Tokoyami again. 

The colonel stopped and said in a final tone, "The Queen." 

__________

The silence inside the throne room is almost impregnable if not for the sudden intrusion of a certain brunette. When the double doors slammed open and Uraraka came in panting, she saw that no one reacted to the rattle she had just made. Only (Name) was able to look at her and she is expecting Uraraka to say anything. 

But it seems that the sight before Uraraka has stunned her. Soldiers surrounded Bakugou with General Aizawa standing before the blonde. Midoriya stood by (Name)'s side in her place between the thrones. Bakugou's eyes were almost bulging out of his head from the revelation happening before him. The scenario before her could only indicate that (Name) is succeeding, no-- she already did.  Uraraka was able to snap out of her stupor and went up to (Name). 

"It was a success, Your Majesty." Uraraka delivered. 

(Name) nodded and turned to General Aizawa who expects to be addressed, "I did it, General Aizawa. The southern people have offered me their allegiance." 

"That means, they're already there..." added Midoriya to which Uraraka confirmed with a firm nod.

"I'm sorry for involving the southern people in this," (Name) continued with the general. 

"I bear the southern people no ill will, Your Majesty." 

"Yes, but the other officers..." 

"Will do what it takes to have you succeed," the general assured the queen. "Even if it means they have to forget their bad blood with the south and rely on Hitoshi Shinso for a while." 

"I am glad." 

Uraraka breathed a sigh of relief as she watched the exchange between (Name) and Aizawa. (Name) had been doubtful if asking the southern kingdom's assistance would be ideal considering that some nobles and military officers aren't still on good terms with the southern people. She had apologized to General Aizawa just before Uraraka left, in fear that this decision would cease the officers' support of her. However, (Name) must do what it takes for the coup d'état to prevail. Thankfully, the officers share her will.