Chapter Twenty-three | Publicity

"IT'S GOING TO BE A BLOODLESS COUP." (Name) whispered to Midoriya beside her. "No one will die."

It's a fine afternoon and (Name) has taken the leisure to stroll in the gardens. On her way there, she spotted Midoriya and asked him to come with her since she also plans to tell him the details of her coup.

Last night she wasn't able to fill him in because he immediately walked away when he declared his participation. It must be his nerves.

"And I'm glad to know I'm not participating in a blood bath." Midoriya whispered back.

"No, I'm not like my husband." She said, looking behind them to see if anybody is nearby.

"How exactly are you going to take his throne?"

"I will make him abdicate."

"That will require a lot of support from the higher ups, (Name)."

"Yes, I've thought about that." She whispered.

"The favor of the nobles, the church, the council and--"

"The military. Yes."

Midoriya nodded, satisfied. "Not to mention, we must find something to pin on him to make him abdicate. I'm afraid the military won't be enough considering how powerful Kacchan is with his quirk. He must commit treason so we can make him abdicate."

(Name) sighed. "Yes, I've thought about that as well. I also thought if I have the military on my side, that would be enough to force him to abdicate but it seems that we need more effort."

There was a pause, (Name) then stopped and faced Midoriya. She looked around again just to make sure.

"If I have the opportunity, Midoriya, I will make use of it. He has a lot of enemies, not just from his own subjects but from the other Kingdoms as well."

"I do hope that this will work, (Name)." Midoriya said.

"We will make this work." She pressed, determined.

"Who else is in this?"

"Uraraka." She answered. "For now, it's just you and her."

Midoriya nodded, he made a thinking face and sighed. "We should probably start gaining some allies."

(Name) nodded.

"Let's start with General Aizawa. " he added. "With him, we can have the whole military on our side."

(Name)'s lips curved into a grateful smile. "Thank you, Midoriya."

Then, she beckoned him to start walking again. The smile still playing on her lips.

They parted when they reached the palace and (Name) still couldn't believe that Midoriya has finally decided to join. She doesn't know what exactly changed his mind but she bet that it has something to do with her accomplishment in the South when Bakugou was so torn and when she helped his very dear friend, Uraraka.

But now, (Name) does not care what his reason may be, she's grateful that Midoriya decided to help her.

When (Name) went back to her chambers, she instantly smiled as she saw her brunette friend, back in her normal routine. Back on (Name)'s side.

"Your Majesty!" Uraraka greeted with a grin.

(Name) said nothing and only went up to the brunette to scoop her up in a tight hug.

"I'm glad you're all right." (Name) whispered.

Uraraka returned the embrace and melted in it. She smiled softly, "Thank you, (Name)."