8 | Amnesia

Ugh. The phone was ringing again. You silenced it before continuing to give your presentation to the board who were unimpressed by the interruption. You could see it on heir faces that you weren't getting a promotion this time. You would kill Lee if he was the one on the other side, calling all the time.

"And that's it," you said, a sigh of relief escaping your mouth. That had been ridiculous.

"Good work, (Y/L/N)," the CEO said. Maybe your presentation hadn't been that bad, or maybe he liked the outfit you were in a little too much. After all, he'd specifically requested a pencil skirt. You shuddered at the thought as you pack everything into your briefcase. Your phone rang again and you picked it up.

"What is it Lee?"

But it wasn't Lee. "(Y/N), I'm really sorry to tell you this, but Lee was in an accident on set."

*****

It was as though time slowed as you made your way through the city to the hospital they'd brought him too.

The usual traffic seemed even slower and you were more desperate to get there.

'In the operation room' Kim had said. 'It's bad' she added. She didn't specify what injury or what operation or even if he was in a stable condition. You prayed that he would be alright.

The traffic light turned red and you brought the car to a stop, against your will. If you got a ticket now, it would only slow you done even more than the terrible traffic.

You hit the steering wheel. "Come on!" you shouted at the light. The passenger in the car next to you looked at you and you sighed, slumping. The light finally turned green and you hit the pedal, accelerating faster than the other two lanes. You wished you could've gone faster. You wished you could've teleported to be with him. To hold his hand.

Hot tears began to leak from your eyes and soon you were crying uncontrollably.

You took a hard left and found yourself in the hospital parking lot which you immediately got the ticket for.

You parked in the first spot, then ran to the reception. "Hi," you said to the woman. She wasn't phased by the clear mess you were in. "Can you please tell me what room Lee Pace is in?"

She just stared for a second. "Sorry, only family allowed."

You wanted to cry out in desperation. "I'm his wife. (Y/N) - "

"(Y/N)!" Kim called. You turned to her, seeing her in tears too.

You ran to her and hugged her. "Is he ok?!" you demanded, in a wreck of tears.

"He's about half way through surgery."

"What happened?!"

"Car crash. He was going too fast and took a turn too late..."

"Oh gosh!" You almost broke down.

She held you. "Come on. Let's go wait for him."

You nodded, letting her lead you there.

*****

You sat in the rather plush seat of Lee's hospital room, waiting for him to be wheeled back from surgery. Apparently he'd suffered a broken arm and some injuries to the head.

The doctor came in and looked at you. He sighed and you hoped it wasn't bad news. "Mrs. Pace, Lee's fine, but he may be experiencing some trauma symptoms to the brain, mainly amnesia. It should go away in about a week or two, and is very normal for the injuries he sustained."

You let out a deep breath before hugging the doctor. "Thank you."

He laughed. "You're welcome. Oh. And he should be out soon."

You smiled. "Thank you, really."

The doctor nodded and left. Minutes later, Lee was wheeled in, all drugged up with different wires everywhere. You walked up to him and fixed his messed up hair. His right hand had the IV stuck in it and there were bruises up and along that. His other arm was in a cast. Apart from that, he didn't look too bad.

Now it was just a waiting game.

*****

You heard him begin to stir at about six in the morning, typical Lee. Kim and the others had gone home, but you'd stayed, making sure your face would be the first he would see when he awoke.

Sure enough, it was.

He stared at you long and hard. "Hi," he said, giving you a little smile.

You smiled. "Hey. How are you doing?"

"I've been better... My head hurts a bit..."

You sighed, running you hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry. I don't think you should touch me," he said.

You moved your hand back. "Did you get stitches or something?"

He shook his head slowly. "No... I have a wife already... But you're awfully pretty - no, beautiful. If I didn't have a wife, I'd sure hope it would be you."

Now it was your turn to stare. You began to laugh. "I am your wife, silly."

He lit up like a light bulb. "Really?!"

You nodded. "We got married in - "

"Hawaii," he interjected.

You shook your head. "Wow your memory really got run over. We got married in Paris."

"That's nice. That was my next guess."

You rolled your eyes. "And then we had our honeymoon in Hawaii."

He smiled. "Do we have any kids? Gosh it's awful that I don't remember them if we do."

"Not yet we don't."

He seemed to think about that for a long time. "So you're really my wife?"

You nodded.

"So if you are, can I kiss you?"

You laughed. "Yes."

He attempted to get up but you firmly but gently pushed him back down. "Don't exert yourself," you whispered as you kissed him.

You'd be asking him about that other wife the moment he got an all clear for the amnesia.

-----

:') what do you think??