15 | The Roller Rink

"Are you ready to go?" Lee called, swinging on the hand rail of the staircase.

You rushed down the stairs and jumped the last one to land in his arms. He spun you around, making you laugh. "I'm ready," you said, taking his hand and going to put on your sneakers.

He grinned. "Are you excited?"

You shrugged. "A little. It's like ice skating, right?"

He shrugged in return, ushering you out the door. "Something like that."

*****

The roller rink was a large hall like room with disco lights and people skating in circles, a couple of them laughing and falling over. The music was nice too.

A majority of the people were teenagers in groups, but you felt like the lights and music that invaded most of your senses removed the awkwardness of being out of the age group

Lee looked at you. "Ready to get skating?"

You couldn't help but laugh. "Yes. Sure."

He smiled, pulling you over to the hire area where you both measured your feet and got the appropriate size before sitting down and putting them on. Easy as. Now came the hard part. Getting up and moving.

He did it effortlessly whilst it took you a little longer to get the hang of it. He grinned. "Nice," he said, taking your hand and pulling you a little faster, throwing you off balance for a second. He caught you before you could fall, chuckling. "Sorry."

You rolled your eyes. "I'll get you back."

He grinned. "Oh really now?" He let go of you and took off, leading to a rather sad game of cat and mouse, where the cat was impossibly slow and off balance and the mouse was a freaking speed skater.

In the end, you'd got the idea of this skating thing and made it just fast enough after he'd stopped to tease you, to grab him and call your victory.

He chuckled, pulling you close. "I guess you've won."

You grinned up at him. "What's my prize?"

He thought about it before grinning goofily. "Me."

-----

Sorry this took so long to write. I had bad writers block!!