7 | A Sort Of Understanding

You know, it's always kind of funny when you meet your first enigma; the first person you can't seem to crack, or understand. The person you'd do anything for to spend a day in their mind. To figure them out.

It keeps you puzzling for hours, and lurks in your mind when you least expect it. The idea of how all the opposites can come into this one being confuses you. That's jus what they are. They're just an enigma.

When he looks at you, it's like disgusts. Then you blink, and there's none of it anymore. There's care. Then you blink again and it's anger. Then it's happiness, envy, pain... The emotions that flicker in his eyes are amazing. They keep you drawn in. You could watch him forever. And that's just his eyes.

Each and every muscle tense is different. Each smile is different and not to mention when he talks. It makes no sense how those words can form in his mind so quickly and his accent. You could've sworn he was British.

"(Y/N)," the teacher calls. Your head snaps up.

"Yes, miss?"

"Pay attention will you?"

You nod. "Yes. Sorry." You can't pay attention. The brown haired boy sitting exactly three rows in front and two rows to the right, is staring at you whilst the teacher paces the middle. He sends shivers down your spine.

*****

After class, it's no different. Your eyes follow him all the way to his locker, which (lucky for you) is only five from yours.

You watch as his friends come. He hangs out with the popular boys, but you've never seen him try like they do. He's not stupid like them either. He doesn't even need to try to get amazing grades. You watch him and find yourself engrossed in the human movie.

He turns to you and you quickly avert your eyes. You moved fast, but not fast enough. He knows you were staring.

*****

The school year comes to an end, and you're no close to figuring out this enigma of yours. He's not particularly open, and conversations with him go pretty much no where.

You stand outside, waiting for your parent of pick you up. He's standing a couple metres from you.

You sneak a peek and notice him staring right back at you. Your cheeks go red and the undeniable effect he has on you becomes apparent once again. He's making you question yourself, and making your heart race, breathing quicken and insecurity takes over.

He walked over to you, a half smile on his face. He looks down at you. "I'm Lee," he says. The two of you've never actually held a conversation in your life.

You smile, shaking his strangely outstretched hand. "I'm (Y/N)."

He smiles. That's the first pure smile you've seen on him. "I know." And it's in those two words, that you find the first consistency within him, and now you're one step closer to cracking your enigma.

-----

Hmm... Feedback?