13 | Strings

For @Annabanana2895

"Hey, shortie," he says, hanging over the fence, grinning and rubbing your height into your face, yet again. This has been the most over used joke in his repertoire since you could remember. It used to get you down until you realised that 'the bigger you are, the faster you burn', which implies that gravity is going to pull him down a lot faster than it will you, and he will eventually meet his new home six feet under ground before you. Think of it as a coping mechanism.

You roll your eyes, partially ignoring him whilst doing your laundry. You honestly thought you'd left all these height jokes the moment you moved out from your parents, but they - and he - followed you to your new residence, and the very annoying, yet adorable Lee Pace became your neighbour and constant reminder of your lacking in the length department.

"You going grocery shopping later?" he asks. You know where this is going. He's going to ask you to pick something up for him, and obliging as you are, you'll say yes. So you shake your head, pegging up the rest of the washing. "What about work? You doing some extra work?" You shake your head again and he grins. "So you're free?"

"Yep. Pretty much," you reply, finishing up with the washing. He grins even wider.

"Great. Because now you're not. I'm coming over for dinner."

"You're doing wha - "

"Hey, wait. Do you have a dollar?"

"No why - "

"Oh. It's ok you're a little short."

You huff and he laughs, disappearing back into his house.

And just like that, your peaceful afternoon turns into one of a mad rush to the supermarket to buy groceries and return home in time to prepare dinner.

*****

Lee isn't one to let you cook on your own or let you slave, as you call it. He comes and helps you in the kitchen, being very good at chopping vegetables. Whilst he does that, you get the oven going, bending down to work the knobs. He reaches over to get something from the cupboard and pauses for a second. "(Y/N)," he says, his tone amused, "could you please get me a glass bowl?"

You stand up, knocking him back slightly. The cupboards are a little high, but nothing you can't manage. "Sure," you say, reaching up. Your shirt rises and the waistline of your pants shrink down a little, surely giving him a bit of a show. you turn quickly and you catch him. You hand him the glass bowl. "Here."

He pauses, stopping you. "Wait. Are you... mad at me?"

You raised an eyebrow. "No?"

"Oh, so it's that time of the month?"

You scoff. "Excuse you. What's that got to do with anything?"

"Well, I got this really good joke - "

"I don't want to hear it."

"But - "

You put the chicken in the oven. "Sh." He pouts and you sigh, giving in. "Fine."

He grins. "Why can't you wear a tampon?"

You roll your eyes. "Because you suck."

He begins to laugh. "No. Because you'd step on the string!"

You hit him before sitting up on the counter. "So this is what the weather's like up here."

Now it's his turn to roll his eyes.

You laugh and place your hand on the top of his head before rubbing and messing his hair up. "Ha," you say before getting off the counter and running for your life.

He chases you but you evade quite well with the added advantage of the lower levels which takes him a little longer to reach. You end up standing on the couch, watching as he circles you. "(Y/N)... Come down and I promise you this will end the easy way."

You laugh. "What easy way?!" You jump before he can grab you and throw you down in a war of laughter and tickles.

He stands up straight, making you have to look up slightly higher. He comes closer. "C-Can I tell you something?" he asks.

You nod. "Of course."

He walks over, looking nervous. "Look straight into my eyes..." he says. You do and you feel yourself drawn in slightly. He takes a step back. "Hold up. Let met get the step ladder," he adds before grabbing you and throwing you onto the couch MMA style. Then the tickles begin.

You squirm and squeal and beg for mercy, but he's not having any of it. So you turn the table, knowing that regardless of what he says, when caught off guard, he's just as ticklish as you. With a quick reach out, you begin tickling him. He pretty much collapses ontop of you, squirming, until he falls off and hits the ground. You pin him and tickle him.

"Please stop! Please! I'll do anything!" he cries out, laughing with tears in his eyes.

You can't help but laugh. "Tell me your secrets!" you laugh, joking around with him.

"Never!" he calls, laughing and still tearing up.

You grin, tickling him harder. "Tell me all of you secrets or surrender!"

"Never!" he tries again.

You tickle even harder until he becomes a mess of tears, laughter and squirming.

"Fine! Fine!" he cries out. You stop and he breathes heavily for a second. "Geez. Short people don't play fair." You tickle attack him again before he gives in. "Sorry! Sorry! I love you!"

Both of you stop, staring at each other. Then the space becomes too far and all you can think about and feel are his lips, pressing up against yours. He grins. "Huh. So you're not stepping on string." Douche.