10 | Valentines Day

The rose drive at school had always been the rub-it-in-your-face moment of Valentines Day. For the past years, you'd never received a single rose from a boy. Girls liked to swap flowers and you'd gone along with that, but it was different.

You sat in roll call, leaning back and yawning. You'd had a long day of filming yesterday and you were just plain tired.

There was a knock on the classroom door and immediately it flung open. The Valentines Day Fairy (a boy in the year below wearing a fairy costume) waltzed in. You watched as he handed out flowers to all the popular girls and boys and girls with boyfriends and boys with girlfriends. Ugh. Valentine's Day was a bitch sometime. Sure, single pride and all, but this was your last year in high school and still no roses from any guys and this year, your friends weren't doing rose swaps so no roses at all.

The Valentine's Day Fairy finished off his last hand outs then stopped. "I have one more delivery here!" he said before running out.

The girls all giggled, one of them turned to her friend. "Look how many I have."

Her friend turned back and rolled her eyes. "Look at this. This is from Sam and Jack."

They both looked around before whispering about how other girls, such as yourself, didn't have roses.

You sighed.

Then the stupid Valentine's Day Fairy came back in, in his hands about a hundred roses, all long stemmed and a lot more expensive looking than the ones the school provided. Attached, a single card. Wow. Someone was a lucky girl.

All of the students began to murmur, having a guess as to who it was for.

The fairy grinned. "This is for (Y/N)?"

You jaw dropped. "What?"

The fairy grinned even wider and walked over to you, filling your arms with the humongous bouquet of roses and a card.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I've never met a girl,
As perfect as you.

Will you be my valentine?
- Lee.

_____

Sorry this is a day late!!
Hope you had an awesome Valentine's Day!!