2(The mad kings ship)

Please go and add "The mad kings ship" to your library to read the rest of the chapters.

Screeching seagulls were returning to their homes, with the orange setting sun disappearing behind the horizon, while the wave continued to rise and fall.

Over and over again the dark water raised in full power in the middle of the ocean and every time they crashed and disintegrated at the sandy shore and then retreated like a meek little creature back into the ocean.

All in all  it was a sobering experience for Megh, he never enjoyed the sight of  the sea, never liked to walk on the sandy beach or dip his feet in the warm water of Indian ocean.

And  he absolutely hated the ships and boats. Perhaps  it was because the way they swayed in water that made him nauseous or perhaps because his mother had died in one of these that made him so wary of ships.

But he absolutely loathed the very sight of them.
And then there was this bloody blue ocean stretching before his eyes like a never ending puzzle of life. It was filled with life at every inch of its water and yet it reeked of death.

The rising and falling of waves making him feel inconsequential like a meek little rat where he had no real power in this world.

And he hated it! He hated the ocean!

And he would have never come here, if it wasn't for the type of emergency that it was.

From hundreds of years the royal family of Bundi had been the owner of the world renowned pink diamonds.

A big, lustrous piece of rock that would have its price in millions, which had been passed from one generation to the next by their royal ancestors and now it was gone.

Disappeared in a puff of smoke, just like that!

And panic and chaos had arisen and like a crazy wildfire that burnt all.

For months thereafter, Prince Nair and his father, the king had suppressed the news.
Shut people's mouth off, to keep it away from the public that the pink diamonds were missing.

Because it wasn't just a piece of rock, it was the key to rise to power.
The owner of the pink diamonds was the heir to the throne of Bundi as per the rule here.

And he could claim the empire at any moment of time he wanted.

Of course that never meant that the current ruler would just get up and abdicate the throne just because any little beggar came claiming Bondi's thrown with the diamonds in their hands.
Absolutely not! The royal family was not letting their rightful place go with or without the diamonds.

But the problem was somewhere else - if by any chance of fate the diamonds fell in the wrong pair of hands and somehow reached to any of their very powerful enemies, it could spell serious trouble.

For one, the royal family would be utterly humiliated in front of the whole Rajputana and then beyond that there could be very serious consequences too, at worst a full-fledged war.

And so, the simplest and easiest way out of this predicament was to retrieve the diamonds before anyone else does and return it to the palace of Bundi.

For that every single inch of the palace, the grounds beyond and then the whole city had been raked up and searched like a criminal, leaving no stone unturned to reach the diamond's theif.

And then they had.

After three whole months of futile search, a drunkard petty thief was arrested from the garbage bin in front of a brothel, where he had passed out after drinking a whole tankard of cheap beer. His name was Farty, as anyone could imagine.