Part 6

Live as if you were to die tomorrow

Learn as if you were to live forever. .....

-Mahatma Gandhi

"Are you alright?"She heard a smooth male voice and then splash! She felt herself drowning.......choking on the water that entered her nostrils.

She coughed furiously before her eyes fluttered open. The grey outlines of stones appeared before she saw a man sitting beside her and then another a little away.

She choked on the sob that was about to break free.

"NO! NO! NO...PLEASE!"She screamed her loudest in an attempt to defend herself against these brutes but she knew subconsciously, that it was all futile. They were a lot overpowering than her!

"Please! Please don't-don't burn me in the pyre! I-I beg you please-"she wailed keeping her eyes tightly shut as soon as she saw one of the men approaching her.

"We are not going to hurt you! I promise

"We are not going to hurt you! I promise. Do not be afraid....you are safe. "It was the same voice manly voice she had heard calling her a while ago.
She timidly looked up scared to her bones. 'No they weren't the brutes from last night.' But then who were they?
But she dared not to ask and sat cowed in a corner of what seemed like a wild cave.
Nair knew what must be going through her phyche- finding herself in an unknown surrounding and within the hostile company of two unknown men. She must be utterly terrified for all he knows. So instead of trying to make her believe that they weren't out to abuse her. Nair kept his distance and indicated Meghraj to do the same.
And waited for the twins to return who had gone to fetch some water. After all women must understand their own species better!

"It's almost an hour. I must not have sent them at all!" Nair was regretting his choice at the moment. What if something happens to them? What if the troops lays their hands on them?
"OH DAMN!" He gripped his locks tightly. "And what would have you done? Go with them and get us all arrested?" Meghraj defended. " There's that regiment surrounding every corner of this town and the next to this and then next to that as well. Sniffling like bloodhounds for the two of US!"
"