eleven

Part 2

Summary:

Now enlightened from seeing your Jedi masters as force ghosts, you made a promise to now train the child in the ways of the force. With the new teachings bestowed by grandmaster Yoda, holding emotions back was no longer required in the Jedi code. You were free to form attachments to whomever you wished, and that strong attachment that you've been feeling has been to protect the child at all costs and your growing love for the Mandalorian...

Word Count: 3059

***

The planet's sun had just touched the horizon of the sea, indicating that it will soon be evening as the pigmentations of the sky had slowly transitioned into darker shades. The ocean glistened with the sun's reflection, as the waves gently crashed into the more shallow area where the once dry sand resides. The breeze of the wind swayed the palm trees, giving the beach a picturesque appearance as if it was a picture for a vacation post card. 

The armoured man felt a slight tickle of the wind from areas of his body that didn't have the protection of beskar. Oh how he so badly wanted to remove his armour, especially that helmet of his so he could feel the wind against his bare flesh. But that meant he would violate his very creed into never showing his face to any living being. The amount of sweat that built up on the exterior of his body had tempted him, his skin needed to breathe.

"Ooowaaah!" The child cooed excitedly, titling its head onto the side as he stared at his father with his dark large doe eyes.

"Don't you dare tempt me, kid. Even you can't convince me otherwise," he crossed his arms, pointing his index finger towards the little green bean. 

A shadowy silhouette appeared before the Mandalorian and the child, readying his blaster to shoot. To his relief, that figure happened to only be you. 

"Don't shoot! I surrender," you yelled out sarcastically, raising your hands up in the air. 

"For a second I thought you were someone else. It would have been my biggest regret if I actually shot you, (y/n)." 

You felt your cheeks flush from his statement, covering it up with one of your witty jokes, "Not if I stop you with my lightsaber first, Din Djarin."

The Mandalorian laughed, which was something rare for him to do, "You're right, a Jedi like yourself is far too powerful to be challenged. Come one, I've seen you in combat. You've taken out bounty hunters and thugs like they were nothing, it's actually a little scary."

"I only have to be like that if you give me a reason to," you snickered.

"Anyways, the kid's stomach has been growling the entire time you were gone. We should get some food, you hungry too?" 

A loud cackling grumble emitted from your stomach, your hand covering it as if you were telling it to be quiet, "Y-yeah. I'm pretty hungry too. There's probably some food in the ocean, it'll be easier to catch while the sun hasn't completely set yet. You build a fire and watch the child, while I go catch us our dinner."

While you walked towards the shallow parts of the ocean, the Mandalorian immediately set out to find twigs and branches that would be perfect for your source of fire. Palm leaves that have fallen on the ground had been used as the base for the wood to stand firm on, since the sandy surface had proven it to be most difficult. His greatest advantage was his flame-throwing weapon. At least he didn't have to manually start a fire, such as rubbing wood together. Now that the bonfire was taken care of, only the food remains missing.