twenty two

"The Force will be with you. Always." -Obi-Wan Kenobi, and other Jedi who've died.
(I'm not crying, you're crying).

Summary:

Life began anew now that you were given the duty to become a Jedi Master. The Mandalorian had completely retired from the life of a bounty hunter. The two of you had returned to that unnamed planet, and have settled down there with Grogu. Cara Dune had become a marshal of the New Republic, with Greef Karga working along her side. The  galaxy was at peace once again.

Word Count: 3852

***

It had been a few weeks since you, Din, and Grogu, have settled down in that unnamed planet. You had parted ways with the rest of the crew, now that Greef and Cara are busy with their duties for the New Republic. But of course, you all still kept in touch. They would occasionally contact you with how Nevarro has been free from any remaining imperials, and that the bounty hunter guild had disbanded.

Life has been excellent after the defeat of the empire. But today was an even more special day, because today is the day that you and the Mandalorian will finally be married. Ever since settling in this planet, the armoured man had gone out of his way of wanting to spend the rest of his life with you. Thus, he had proposed to you. 

Din had no ring to propose with. Instead, he used whatever scrap metal he could find in the Razor Crest. This was still enough for you no matter what. 

The wedding will be by no means extravagant. It will be intimate, with only the crew arriving to witness this event. The simplicity of the wedding just being by the ocean surrounded by swaying palm trees and soft, white sand had just made it more special for you. 

"Greef and Cara are on their way now, cyar'ika," a smooth velvety voice called out from behind you.

It was the Mandalorian, but without his helmet on. Din had made a promise that once everything was over, he would never put his helmet on again. He wanted to make sure that you were able to see his real face each and everyday, not that you were complaining. You had much preferred it that way. Especially looking into his adoring brown eyes, and his smile that made you weak in the knees.

"(Y/n)?" 

"Oh! Sorry Din," you shook your head back to reality. "I just zoned out from seeing your handsome face. I've just gotten so used to seeing the black T shape on your helmet that I still get butterflies from seeing your face."

"Aren't you adorable, cyar'ika," he looked at you adoringly, "Ready for the big day today?"

"Yeah, I am," your face reddened from his comment. It was so unfair that he could get you like this so quick and effortless! 

You never thought in your life that you would be married to someone, much less to a Mandalorian, the ancient enemy of the Jedi. But the past of the Jedi never being allowed to love and marry had now been destroyed. With you and Luke Skywalker still around, it wasn't too late for the Jedi Order to start all over again with a new mindset. 

***

Your two guests had finally arrived, with Greef happily agreeing to officiate the wedding. The two of them made their to the Mandalorian, wearing a simple black shirt with pants, nothing too fancy. Grogu was in his arms to say hello to their old companions.