three

Part 2 of 2

Summary

In which the Mandalorian introduces you to his skillful and trustworthy friend, and attempt to negotiate with Jawas to retrieve the stolen parts of the Razor Crest. But their bargain with the hooded creatures seemed slightly impossible.

Word Count: 3722

***

You walked along with the metal man and his green child. He had told you that he had a friend who was skillful enough to make his ship like brand new again. But it seemed like hours had gone by and all you saw was an endless amount of rocks and sand, and it doesn't look like the Mandalorian was going for a pit stop any time soon. When will all this sand end? It's rough, coarse, and it gets everywhere. 

The sun began to set, revealing explosive colours of maroon and violets alike. Stars twinkled and revealed themselves on the starry night sky, giving way to a cool breeze as the sun had vanished from the horizon. 

Finally there was a change in scenery; you spotted sparks from someone wielding and a tent-like shelter, drawing closer and closer with every step you took. 

"I thought you were dead," the figure bluntly blurted out.

The Mandalorian silently pointed his head upwards and watched as this individual was doing his work. He turned around, and revealed himself to be an Ughnaut. You've heard that Ughnauts were very skillful with their hands, turning what supposedly was considered as junk by many people into something extremely useful for the long run. Whether that be reprogramming powered-down droids, fixing entire aircrafts, you name it, they can fix anything.

The Ughnaut watched as the big-eared child curiously chased a frog, making excited cooing noises in the process. Its large pointy ears moved in up and down motions as it waddled along still following the frog. He took a maroon-shaded cloth that was hanging and wiped his hands after a hard days work. 

"This is what was causing all the fuss?" He asked curiously. The mechanic then turned his direction towards you, "I'm assuming she's a new friend of yours?"

"I think it's a child.." The Mandalorian paused as he continued to fix his Beskar suit, blue electric waves flowing from his left arm. He quickly took a quick glance at you, then back to his friend, "No. She's just some stowaway dishwasher I found on my ship. I've been meaning to leave her here under your care."

You stared blankly at the tin man. Sure the two of you aren't exactly friends, but at least he could've been slightly more considerate with his poor choice of words. 

"Then take care of her, I shall." At least the Ughnaut had a heart, unlike someone here.

"Thank you," you stated to nearly a whisper. 

"My ship has been destroyed. I think I'm trapped here."

"Stripped. Not destroyed," the mechanic defended. "The Jawas steal, they don't destroy." He added, handing out a device to the armoured man.

"Stolen or destroyed makes no difference to me," he coldly retorted back. "They're protected by their crawling fortress, theres's no way to recover the parts."