seven

Summary:

Getting a job was the easy part. But in terms of completing the task, that was a bit more complicated, especially when it involves capturing an elite assassin. The Mandalorian will do whatever it takes to take the bounty for the Razor Crest' repairs, even if the both of you will have to work with a rookie bounty hunter. 

Word Count: 4245

***

Upon exiting the repair shop, speeders were seen parked where Toro Calican stood. But there was a slight complication; there were only two speeders, and there were three of you needing to get the job done. 

"Well, what do you think?" The rookie bounty hunter asked, feeling a little confident.

"There's only two speeders and three of us," the Mandalorian bluntly answered. 

Toro ran his gloved hand through his dark chocolate-coloured hair, not really knowing how to answer the short-tempered armoured man. 

His lips quirked into a sly smirk from an idea, "You know, miss gorgeous here can share a speeder with me."

"No. She will ride with me," the Mandalorian retorted back coldly. 

Before you even had time to react, the armoured man then grabbed you by the hand and instructed you share the speeder with him. He was acting odd, almost territorial whenever the rookie bounty came near you. 

"Sit behind me and wrap your arms around my waist," he instructed, while taking a seat on the speeder.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Just do as I say."

So, not only can he get cocky, but he can also be demanding as well. Great. You thought to yourself. 

Surely enough, you placed yourself behind the short-tempered Mandalorian, just as he had instructed. Your arms snaked around his waist ever so slightly, feeling chills penetrate your spine from his cold Beskar armour. To put it this way, holding onto hard steel armour wasn't the most comfortable feeling. 

"You need to hold onto me tighter," he demanded.

"And why would I need to do that?"

"Unless you wanna fall off of the speeder on our way to Fennec."

"Good point."

The engines of both speeders revved as the three of you sped along the sandy dunes of Tatooine. The ride was a little complicated for you, as you didn't exactly have the necessary protection for your eyes from the grainy sands. Din had his entire helmet to protect not only his vision, but his entire head. As for Toro Calican, he had a scarf and goggles to protect himself face. With some quick thinking, you improvised and hid your face behind of the cape of the Mandalorian. 

The armoured man felt a gentle nudge on his back, turning his head to see your face buried on his cape. He couldn't help but let out a slight snicker, you were too smart for your own good.

"Hiding from all the sand?"

"I wouldn't wanna call it hiding, I just don't want sand to get in my eyes!" You replied, raising your voice from the volume of the speeder's engines.