Chapter 2

I was so lost in my own world, I didn't even wonder why my Chemistry class is completely silent at 9 am.

"Ms. White, can you please take your seat and stop disrupting my classroom!" My chemistry teacher yelled and I immediately felt my cheeks turn red. 

"I'm so sorry sir," I managed to whisper while fast walking to my seat. All the students kept watching and mocking me, saying the Beta's daughter is a nut job. Great! just what I needed, a rejection and a whole classroom of ignorant assholes laughing at my outburst. 

I pulled out my scrapbook and started doodling some stick figures because I was too depressed to even pay attention. Don't get me wrong, I'm an A+ student that never misses a day of class but I think I deserve a break considering the circumstances I'm under? I felt Stacy trying to mindlink me during the whole class but I ignored her and blocked the connection. I just needed 40 minutes alone without my annoyingly beautiful best friend nagging me about Dale. 

When the bell rang I threw my scrapbook into my backpack and started to walk out of class. I was so close to making it out the door before my teacher called me back.

"Ms. White, you're one of my many top students in this class and I would hate for your father to know his only daughter has been doodling throughout my class. There's an individual presentation coming up and I expect nothing but the best from you, Ms. White. Don't let me down." He continued fixing papers on his desk without giving me a second glance and I took that as my cue to leave.

"I won't let you down sir," I said and closed the classroom door. My mind instantly went back to Dale and his stupid face and stupid hair. I was so distracted I didn't even notice when Stacy grabbed my arm and pulled me into a supply closet. When realization slapped me in the face like a bitch I was about to scream for my life until she covered my mouth. 

"Don't you dare bitch," She rolled her eyes and let go of me slowly when I didn't scream.

"Stacy what the hell! We have combat classes right now and you gave me a fucking heart attack what is your problem" I started to adjust my backpack and fix my shirt before I was rudely grabbed into this hot and dusty room.

"Don't bullshit me Mantha, I've been your best friend since you could even walk and this is the first time in the history of times you decided to block me off from mind linking you. What is up your ass today. I swear ever since you bounced into Dale you've been acting so weird it's like you two are mates or something." Shit.Shit.Shit. Is it that obvious? I couldn't even look at Stacy in her eyes anymore. All of a sudden that bleach on the shelf looks so interesting to me, can I possibly just drink it and go to sleep?

The closet became silent when I didn't answer, so I glanced back at my best friend to see her perfectly plucked eyebrows were touching her hairline.

"You son of a fucking piglet bitch!! DALE FREAKING RIVERS IS YOUR MATE ISN'T HE!!!! SAMANTHA I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU, WE'RE BEST FRIENDS WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" 

She started rambling about how this could make my dad so proud and how the moon goddess blessed me with an alpha. I didn't even notice I was crying till Stacy cupped my cheeks and used her thumbs to wipe the tears away. I'm such a crying disappointment.

"H-He r-rejected me..." Saying the words out loud made everything so much real. My wolf howled in pain and my legs felt so wobbly I had to hold the doorknob so I wouldn't fall. A sob escaped my lips and then another one before I knew it I was on the closet floor crying my eyes out on the shoulder of the one person I can genuinely call my friend. I didn't only cry for my rejection but my wolf as well and the disappointment I'd bring to my family when word gets out. I can't believe this is happening to me, I can't believe I'm in a closet crying over the guy that hated me since I came to this school.

After my fail attempt at wiping away my tears, I decided to stand up and get ready for my combat class. Stacy continued to rub soothing circles in my back and I got a hold of my breathing. Maybe I should try to make it through the day and cry in my king size bed when I'm home while listening to Beyonce. 

"Stacy let's get to class I don't wanna get detention" Taking one more deep breath to calm my nerves I fixed my hair and walked out the closet hand in hand with my best friend. 

"You guys are lesbians!" Some random guy yelled at us

"Oh fuck off Thomas, Linda said your prick is as small as your attention span." A bunch of ouches was heard while I gave him my best smile and walked off. My smile got bigger when he growled but he'd never attack me because of my title, it would mean death. My wolf Daisy still wouldn't tolerate the disrespect so she turned my head and flashed my eyes gold for a quick second causing Thomas to show his neck in submission.

~***********~

After changing into our combat uniform we walked out onto the field just in time for the coach to start calling orders. This class was always mixed in genders and ranks because you never know what type of rogue is ready to rip your head off and what warrior you could encounter from a different pack. 

"Alright, folks! For this class, I'll be putting you in pairs of different ranks to test your skills. Don't forget this is a graded combat class and some rules will be applied. The winner will be labeled as the best fighter of this class and the others can just feel miserable! Let's Begin!"

I looked to my right and saw Dale already staring at me with anger, another emotion flashed through his eyes but as quick as it came it left.

"Dale Rivers, you would be fighting Samantha White! I want a clean fight and try not to get too much blood on the grass." Coach yelled. My body was frozen in place when I saw Dale walking towards me looking confident as if he already won the match. Such a prick.

"It'll be my pleasure princess," He whispered in my ear and left a kiss right where his mark was supposed to be placed. So many emotions flashed through me but lust kept making its way known. I heard someone laughing behind me and saw Dale looking directly into my eyes.

 I settled on anger instead. 

Word count: 1153

02/01/21

A/N

HELLO, MY LOVIES! As you can see I'm on the second chapter already. It's amazing how I'm so committed already, I just hope it stays that way. This book has already brought me so much happiness and I've seen people already reading the author's note. 

I want to upload another chapter today so the first 10 chapters would be finished sooner than later. At first, I was thinking of one chapter a day but I changed my mind and was just too excited for everyone to start reading!!!!!!!!! I can already sense this is going to be one of my FAVORITE books EVERRRRR. I'm totally fangirling right now lol 

I have huge expectations for this book and I just ask for positive feedback and encouraging words! I won't be adding pictures of who I want the characters to be, just thought I'd say that. Everyone is welcomed to imagine who they want playing the role of Samantha White and Dale Rivers and the rest of the cast members that are yet to enter this book! 

I won't keep you guys longgg because I myself hate writing and reading long author notes lol SO with that being said.....

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND ADD to your library !!!