Chapter 9

It's a Saturday night and I have one hour to get ready for a date with Xavier. I decided on a light grey sweatshirt that says Arizona with dark blue jeans and my Af1. As much as I would love to wear some fancy dress, I have handprints around my arm from when Dale grabbed me, but it should be healed in two days give or take. 

*Picture inserted* 

Xavier offered to pick me up but I kindly declined in case the date goes completely horrible and I have no other option but to leave

Xavier offered to pick me up but I kindly declined in case the date goes completely horrible and I have no other option but to leave. I added a gold butterfly necklace to my look and a pair of dark shades to hide any sign that I was ever crying. I styled my hair in a lazy bun and made it messy just to give off this 'don't care look.' Just when I was about to walk out of my room I ran back for my lip loss and car keys then left. 

~30 minutes later~

"Hey good day, my name is Samantha White, a table for two please?" I told the waitress sweetly.

"No problem Ms. White, right this way." When we arrived at the table she asked if I wanted to order right now but I kindly denied and told her when my friend arrived we'll order together. 

"I take a class of water though if you don't mind." Time to take my pain medication anyway. 

I checked my phone every 2 minutes to see if Xavier messaged me to say he's outside or at least on his way but nothing. No calls, No messages, No voice notes. NOTHING. Maybe he's stuck in traffic?

~2 hours later~

If I told you my date stood me up would you believe me? I arrived at this stupid ice cream 30 minutes after leaving my house and Xavier is nowhere to be seen. I even called him once and still got no reply. I grabbed my phone angrily and walked towards the parking lot outside the little shop to get my baby Betty. Just when I opened my car door to hop in and leave this dumbass place a car came speeding down the road and parked a few spaces to the left of my own. The man seemed to be in a rush to get inside the shop, I thought it was a heist for a second. But can you imagine to my surprise when I saw Xavier looking all tousled? 

He immediately senses someone staring at him and when his blue eyes met my hazel ones it softened a bit. A look of regret and shame crossed his face as he jogged over to where my car is parked but I had enough of him for one night. I jumped in my car, locked the door, and reversed out of the parking lot. 

"SAMANTHA PLEASE! I'M SORRY," Xavier shouted after my car. 

How can I be so stupid to let this new kid that doesn't even know me set me up in public? I'm so dumb to think he might be different. I sped down the highway and wiped the occasional tears that made an appearance. I couldn't even feel Daisy anymore, I'm so tired. 

I was speeding down the highway so fast that I reached home in 10 minutes when it usually takes me 30 minutes. I pulled up into my garage, parked Betty, and headed inside my house. I just needed to sleep and that's exactly what I did. Sleep.