Chapter Six

I sat next to Pietro at lunch with his arm around my shoulders. I honestly felt like the luckiest girl in the world. It had been only three days since our carnival date, and I was still elated. Having Pietro as my boyfriend just seemed so right, as cliché as it sounded.

Pietro was talking to Clint about football tryouts. I was not interested in that conversation.

"Hey, y/n, what are you doing on Friday?" Wanda asked me.

"I don't think I have anything planned," I said.

"Well, the girls and I are having a slumber party and we'd love for you to come!" she said excitedly.

The girls around the table all agreed.

"I'd love to come," I said, a huge grin on my face.

"Wait, wait, you girls are having a party without us?" Tony asked, looking betrayed.

Natasha just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, we are, you big baby," she teased.

"You know what, I am not going to stand for this!" Tony yelled, getting to his feet.

"Then why are you standing?" I asked, biting back my smile.

Everyone laughed while Tony glared at me playfully.

"Okay, okay. Gentlemen, we shall also have a slumber party. It will be better than theirs," Tony announced.

The boys at the table cheered. The girls just rolled their eyes.

"Whose house?" Steve asked.

"We could go to mine," Pietro suggested.

"No, no, no, no!" Wanda exclaimed. "That's where ours is going to be!"

"Then it's settled!" Clint yelled, standing up and raising his fist in the air.

"I'll kill you," Natasha warned her best friend.

Clint slowly sat down.

"We'll have it at mine," Tony said.

"Oh god," Carol groaned, face palming.

It was finally Friday. I arrived at Wanda's house after doing a few things for my mother after school. I knocked on the door. It was a pleasant surprise to see Pietro open the door.

"Baby! I didn't know we had plans!" Pietro said, kissing me on the lips.

I smiled and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Surprisingly, I'm not here for you," I said.

Pietro grabbed my hands in his and kissed me again.

"Ew, oh my god, can you not?" I turned around to see Carol and Val holding hands on Wanda and Pietro's porch.

"Seriously," Carol said jokingly, walking past us and into the house.

"Straight couples are so gross," Val said, following her girlfriend.

I didn't know whether to take offence or not.

"Well, I best be leaving before my sister comes down and kills me for stealing you," Pietro said.

He kissed me one last time before shooing me inside and towards Wanda's room. I opened the door to see that Pepper and Hope had already arrived. Carol and Val were sitting together on Wanda's bed, laughing at something on Carol's phone. Wanda jumped up from her bed and gave me a hug.

"Did my brother steal you?" Wanda asked.

"A little bit," I said, laughing it off.

Natasha entered the room.

"Ah, sorry I'm late," she said, jumping on the bed and disturbing Carol and Val.

We all laughed and began talking about everything and anything. We began speaking about relationships. Wanda was happy with Vis as her boyfriend. We had spoken quite a bit and he was really nice and smart. Hope and Scott were going okay. Her dad didn't really like him all that much, but she said that wasn't going to stop her.

We eventually got to Pepper and I.

"Well, I know that Tony has a reputation, but he's actually really sweet and thoughtful," Pepper said shyly.

The girls 'aww'ed but for some reason it seemed forced.

"What about you and Pietro?" Natasha asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"He's really nice," I said, almost breathlessly. "He took me to a carnival last weekend, and we kissed on the Ferris wheel. It was so romantic."

I sighed at the end of my sentence.

"Wow. I didn't know my brother had it in him to be so romantic," Wanda said.

"Me neither," Carol said.

We all laughed and then began to do basic sleepover activities. We ate food, watched a few movies, painted our nails, and then it was two in the morning.

"Is anyone actually tired?" Natasha asked, scrolling through her phone.

"Nope," Carol replied, downing some more sherbet.

"We should do something fun," Val said.

"Like going on a walk?" Hope suggested.

"Girl, we have different definitions of fun," Val said, looking at Hope in mock horror.

"I mean, walking late at night is fun," I said. "And we're a big group. Who's going to attack us?"

We all glanced around the room at our group.

"I mean, it's absolute BS that we can't go out at night because of our gender!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, it is," Natasha said, standing up. "Screw them, let's go!"

We all stood up and walked out the door. We made it down a few streets before we got bored of walking.

"We should find a park," Pepper suggested.

"Oh, there's this really good one a few blocks down," Wanda said.

We walked towards the park when we heard yelling. We looked at each other cautiously. We rounded a corner to see all of our boys playing on a playground. Bruce was going down the slide and Thor was on the swing. Pietro was chasing Clint and the others were sitting on the playground.

"Ladies!" Tony called.

He hopped down from the monkey bars and came over to give Pepper a kiss. Pietro stopped chasing Clint and ran over to me.

"Hey, baby," he said, kissing me.

I kissed him back.

"Hey," I said once we pulled apart.

Pietro grinned at me and had a mischievous glint in his eyes. Before I could figure out what he was doing, he grabbed me legs and hoisted me over his shoulder. I squealed cheerfully as he spun around. Tony picked up Pepper and did the same. Bucky picked up Steve and Val picked up Carol. Everyone found someone and eventually we were all spinning and squealing and having a whole lot of fun. Pietro eventually put me down. He kissed me again and I smiled.

Would anything ever be better than this?