Chapter Seventeen

Your POV

Brock walked me home after the movie. The movie was alright, I guess. We talked while we walked, although most of the conversation was about Brock. We finally arrived at my house.

"Tonight was fun," I said.

Brock agreed and just stood there expectantly.

"Uh... do you want to come in?" I asked awkwardly.

Brock nodded and we entered my house. I checked my phone and saw that it was nearly dead.

"Hold on, I just need to put my phone on charge," I told Brock.

I walked to my room and plugged my phone in. I realised that Brock had followed me when I heard him walk around my room.

"Where'd you get this?" he asked, pointing at my stuffed penguin toy.

"Um, Pietro won it for me," I said quietly.

"You should get rid of it," Brock said plainly. "It makes you look clingy."

I looked at him in shock. Did he know how rude that sounded?

"Do you still have pictures of him?" Brock asked, opening my desk drawer.

"Stop touching my stuff," I said, walking over and slamming the drawer shut.

Brock looked at me angrily.

"No wonder he only dated you for a bet. You're a whiny little-"

I slapped him before he could say anything else.

"Get out," I said flatly.

Brock just glared at me before he left. I followed him to make sure he actually left my house before I ran back into my room and collapsed on my bed.

I missed Pietro. I missed everyone. Why had I thought that going out with Brock was a good idea?

I began crying again. Crying over Pietro and my other friends. When my phone rang, I didn't even think about looking at the contact before I took a deep breath and answered.

"Hello?" I said hoarsely.

"Y/n! I didn't think you'd pick up!"

I recognised the voice as Wanda's.

"Wanda, listen, I don't know if I can talk right now..."

My throat began closing up with the effort not to cry.

"Listen, Brock was saying some things about you and-"

I began crying again. Why did I agree to go out with Brock? Now he was just making things up about me.

"Y/n? Please don't cry," Wanda said frantically.

I took some deep breaths to try to calm myself down. A faint voice that was not Wanda's came through the phone.

"Who are you on the phone to?"

I began crying harder as I heard Pietro's voice.

"I have to go," I choked out.

Wanda protested but I hung up. I flopped down on my bed and began crying even harder.

Why was it so hard to get over him?

About fifteen minutes later, I got another call from Wanda. I ignored it, but then she called again, and I answered.

"I'm outside your house," she said before I could say anything. "It's just me."

I got up from my bed and walked to the front door. I opened it and saw Wanda standing there. The sight of her made me break down again. Wanda rushed forward and enveloped me in her arms.

"It's okay, I'm here," Wanda said.

Once I had calmed down, I led her inside and to my room. We sat down on my bed in silence. Wanda took a deep breath before she spoke.

"I owe you an apology. Yes, I knew about the bet, and yes, I didn't tell you."

I stayed silent.

"In the end though, Pietro didn't care about the bet. He actually called it off about a month after you two had begun dating."

Tears began filling in my eyes. What if this was another lie? I wanted to believe that he didn't play me, but I didn't want to get hurt again.

"He really did love you. He still does. He misses you. We all miss you. And we're sorry," Wanda finished.

I looked up at her. She had such a sincere look on her face, and her eyes were filled with sadness.

"I forgive you," I said, deciding to give them all a second chance.

Wanda smiled at me.

"Really?" she asked hopefully.

"Really," I said.

Wanda tackled me into a hug, and I hugged her back. When she finally let go and let me breathe, she smiled at me sadly.

"I don't know if you've even thought about this, but I think that you should talk to Pietro," Wanda said carefully.

I sighed and nodded. I knew that I'd have to talk to him. I understood everything now, and I realised not hearing him out had been a bad idea. I still wanted an apology from him, but I just missed him so much.

"I'll talk to him on Monday," I decided.

Wanda nodded. I looked at the clock and realised it was one in the morning.

"Do you want to stay the night?" I asked.

Wanda nodded and I gave her a pair of pyjamas to wear. We put a movie on and sat on my bed. I was happy that I had my friends back. I really wanted to talk to Pietro, but I decided that I should wait until Monday. Besides, Monday was only three (technically two) days away. How long could that be?

The answer is awfully long.

It was now Sunday. Wanda had gone home yesterday. I had no idea what she had told Pietro, or if she had told him anything at all.

I went to bed early that night, in hopes that sleep would overcome me quickly. It didn't, and I was left awake, tossing and turning. I kept thinking about Pietro and eventually, in the early morning, I was able to fall asleep.