Chapter Eighteen

I walked through the front doors of the school. I had no idea how to approach Pietro. I had no plan, and no idea what to say or do.

I wanted to get back together with him. After what Wanda had told me, I knew that he still loved me. The two hundred unread messages and seventy missed calls told me that he still wanted to talk to me, at least.

When I arrived at my locker, I saw Pietro at his, ten lockers away from mine. He looked miserable. I took a deep breath and walked towards him. He noticed me when I was a few feet away from him. I forced myself to walk right up to him, ignoring the anxiety threatening to overtake me.

"Hey," I said quietly.

Well, that wasn't the best start, but it wasn't the worst, so we were getting somewhere.

"Hey," he replied breathlessly, almost as if he didn't believe I was talking to him.

"Wanda told me everything," I said.

Pietro took a deep breath.

"Listen, y/n, there was a bet. Tony and I had a bet about who could keep a girlfriend longer. When I first met you, I'll admit, I did only want you for the bet. But then I began spending time with you and I began to have feelings that I haven't felt since Terresa," Pietro said quickly.

I stood there taking it in.

"I am so, so sorry that there was a bet, and that I didn't tell you. I love you and I was scared to lose you," Pietro said sadly.

I grabbed one of Pietro's hands.

"I accept your apology," I said.

Pietro's face lightened. I kissed him on the cheek.

"And I love you, too," I said.

Pietro's smile was brighter than the sun.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend again?" I asked.

Pietro picked me up and spun me around.

"Yes, yes, yes!" he yelled.

I laughed and kissed him once he put me down.

The rest of the day was everyone else apologising. I accepted all of them, and Val even hugged me. Tony tried to get everyone to have a party to celebrate my return to the group, but we shut it down.

A few days after I got back with Pietro, Pepper approached me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," she said. "I just – I saw the way that Pietro looked at you and I knew it was real."

I nodded and gave her a small smile.

"I forgive you," I said.

Pepper smiled in relief.

"And, you know, it was real the way Tony looked at you too," I said.

Pepper looked away and sighed.

"I don't-"

She was cut off by someone calling her name loudly. I turned around to see Tony running down the hall. That boy didn't run for anything. He was too scared to ruin his hair, apparently.

When he got to us, he wasn't even breathing heavily. How was that possible?

"Pepper," he began, "I am so sorry."

I began to walk away, not wanting to interrupt. I was suddenly pulled into an empty classroom. Pietro had tugged me in, and our group was standing at the door, occasionally checking around the corner.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Tony's apologising to Pepper," Sam said.

"Yes, I know that," I said. "But why are we in an empty classroom?"

"We're making sure it goes okay," Bucky said.

I crossed my arms.

"They deserve some privacy," I said.

Everyone looked at me and then back out.

"Guys, they're hugging!" Scott exclaimed. "Oh, crap!"

Scott lunged back into the classroom and shut the door.

"They saw me," he said.

"I'm out!" Clint called.

Clint ran over to the vent, pulled it open, and crawled away.

"What the fu-"

"Language!" Steve called.

"What are you guys doing?"

I turned around to see Pepper in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"They pulled me in here," I said, shrugging.

"Nice way to throw us under the bus, y/n," Scott muttered.

I just shrugged again.

"We're all just really concerned about your relationship," Sam said.

Pepper pursed her lips.

"Well... I've decided to forgive him," Pepper said.

The group cheered and a few punched the air. Clint got out of the vents and joined the celebration. I kissed Pietro, happy that everything was okay again.