Chapter Thirteen

The evening was warm. I wore a light blue sundress that stopped above my knees. I wore one of Pietro's hoodies that he didn't know I stole over the top and a pair of sandals. Natasha was wearing a black top and denim shorts, while Wanda wore a green top and a skirt.

We walked to the beach with our gang. I held onto Pietro's hand. Clint and Scott had been down there for a while and wouldn't tell us what they were doing. It was obvious what was occupying their time when we saw them.

There was a massive bonfire on the beach. The tide was going out and it gave us lots of space.

The fire was blue and purple and orange. Bruce said that the colour changed because of the salt from the driftwood. We all sat down around the fire and began telling stories. Thor began telling a story of the time Tony got drunk and nearly drowned. Everyone laughed but Tony looked slightly traumatised.

At some point during the night, someone began playing music through a speaker. We all jumped around and danced our hearts out. Natasha began doing flips and handsprings. We all applauded, and Clint challenged her to a backflip competition. Clint got seven in a row while Natasha won and got eleven.

Bucky and Steve began making out and then Wanda and Vis began too as well. Sam gagged and then Vis made a joke about him being upset about being single. I had always thought that Vis was polite and proper, but he surprised me.

Val started downing sherbet and Thor thought it would be a good idea to try to steal some. I have never seen someone so scared for their life before. Val hit him over the head and glared at him after his attempt at thievery.

"Do you want to go on a walk with me?" Pietro asked me.

I nodded and we walked off after letting everyone know where we were going. The moon was full and provided enough light to guide us down the waterline. We walked down the beach hand in hand, the only sound being the crashing of waves and the occasional bird cry.

I glanced at Pietro. We had been dating for about three months now. Just looking at him stirred such feelings inside of me. I knew that I loved him, but I didn't know how to tell him. Or if I wanted to tell him.

What if he didn't feel the same? I did want to tell him, but I didn't want to be rejected.

I sighed deeply, the thoughts inside my head confusing me.

"Are you alright?" Pietro asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

Pietro stopped walking and grabbed both my hands in his.

"Y/n, you know that you can tell me anything, right?" he said.

But I couldn't. Not this. Maybe eventually, but not until I knew I wouldn't scare him away.

"I know," I said, placing my hand on his cheek.

Pietro kissed my palm and then leaned in to kiss my lips. I kissed him back until I felt something land on my head.

I looked up and felt raindrops land on my body. I laughed and spun around. Pietro spun with me as the rain poured down harder. He grabbed my hand and spun me into his arms. Pietro leaned in and connected our lips.

"I love you," Pietro said once he pulled away.

My heart stopped in my chest. Did he really just say the words I was too afraid to say to him a few minutes ago?

"I love you, too," I replied.

I kissed him hard, opening my mouth so that he could slip his tongue in. The kiss began to get heated until we had to pull away for air.

"We should probably get back to the hotel," Pietro yelled over the pounding of the rain.

I nodded in agreement and grabbed his hand. We alternated between jogging and walking back to the hotel. We passed Clint and Scott's fire on the way back. It was only a pile of burnt wood now that the rain had attacked it. Pietro and I entered the hotel, dripping wet and earning a few glances from other guests.

After texting the chat, we found out that everyone had gathered in Tony, Peter, Bruce, and Vis's room. Pietro and I took the elevator up to the floor and stole a few kisses during the trip. When we arrived, we saw that everyone was playing Never Have I Ever.

"You two wanna join?" Clint asked.

Pietro and I both nodded and joined the round.

"Okay, I have one. Never have I ever been in love," Sam said.

I put a finger down. Pietro, Bucky, Steve, Hope, Scott, Wanda, Vis, Tony, and Pepper did as well.

"Love is for losers," Sam grumbled.

"Y/n put her finger down!" Wanda screeched.

"So did Pietro!" Carol yelled.

I blushed while Pietro laughed and put an arm around me. The girls 'aww'ed and the boys who were in relationships gave us a knowing look. The single guys gagged. Typical.

We played a few more rounds of Never Have I Ever and then decided to call it a night. Back in my room, the girls bombarded me with questions.

"When did you tell each other?" Wanda asked, holding her pillow to her chest.

I smiled.

"On our walk. It was raining and we'd just kissed, and then he told me that he loved me," I sighed.

The girls sighed and clapped.

"Did you say it back?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah," I said dreamily.

The girls squealed quietly.

"If you two get married, that means that you and I would be sisters-in-law," Wanda said happily.

I laughed along with the other girls. We all eventually stopped talking so that we could get to sleep. I fell asleep happily, my thoughts filled with a certain, silver haired boy.