Chapter Eleven

"I'm having another party," Tony announced as we sat around the table.

"Another one?" Bruce groaned.

"Do you have a reason for the party?" Natasha asked.

"Do I need a reason?" Tony replied.

Natasha threw her apple at him. It hit him in the head.

"Ow, okay, fine. It's to celebrate, uh, y/n finding the shawarma place," he grumbled.

"That was, like, four weeks ago," Wanda said.

"You guys said I had to have a reason! I just gave it to you," Tony said triumphantly.

We all rolled our eyes but agreed to go to the party. I was only worried about Brock showing up. I approached Tony after the bell had gone.

"Hey, y/n, what's up?" he asked.

"I just wanted to ask something. Can you please make sure that Brock isn't invited to the party?" I asked.

Tony's face suddenly went serious.

"You didn't cheat on Pietro with him, did you?" he deadpanned.

"What?" I asked, appalled. "No! why would-"

Tony just put up his hand to silence me.

"Sorry. Every time someone asks me to uninvite someone, it's because they've cheated with them, on them, or there's something bad going on between the two," he clarified. "I didn't mean to offend you."

I shook my head and accepted his apology.

"Just... at your last party, he... he made me... extremely uncomfortable," I said quietly.

Tony's face darkened.

"He isn't invited," Tony assured me, before clapping my shoulder and walking off.

Pietro walked up to me and placed a hand around my waist.

"What was that about?" he asked curiously.

"I just asked Tony to uninvite Brock," I sighed.

Pietro's eyes darkened and his grip on my waist tightened protectively.

"It's okay. We'll make sure he doesn't bother you," Pietro said.

I stood looking at my reflection in the mirror. I wore a f/c skin-tight dress that ended above my knees. My makeup was light, and my hair was left down.

"Y/n, are you done in there?" Hope called.

"Yeah, I'm done," I said, opening the bathroom door.

Hope gasped when she saw me.

"You look gorgeous!" she exclaimed.

She had her party outfit in her hands.

"Thank you. I'm sure you'll look better," I laughed.

I walked through the halls of Hope's house until I reached her bedroom. I entered to see that Natasha and Pepper were in their outfits as well.

"Wanda is in the other bathroom," Pepper said.

I nodded and sat on the bed next to Carol. Val sat on the floor a few feet away. I had a few texts from Pietro. He said that he couldn't wait to see me. I smiled at my phone.

"Your boyfriend texting you?"

I looked up to see Val smirking at me.

"As a matter of fact, yes. He is," I replied.

Val just laughed.

"I'm glad that you two are happy," she said. "He deserves it."

Carol frowned at her girlfriend.

"I don't know about that. I doubt Vanessa and the other girls would agree," Carol said.

My heart sunk. Who was Vanessa? And who were the other girls?

"What do you mean?" I asked as Wanda walked into the room.

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"Pietro used to have a reputation," Val said. "He'd string girls along for a few weeks and then dump them."

My heart sank again.

"Do you... do you think he's stringing me along?" I asked quietly.

There was a chorus of no's and of course not's, but I wasn't convinced.

"Listen, y/n. I know my brother better than anyone," Wanda said. "The way he feels about you is different. He really does like you."

She said it with such confidence that I believed her.

"Time to go to the party!" Natasha called.

We all piled into Hope's seven-seater car that her dad got her. We drove to Tony's house. When we arrived, music was pounding, and colourful lights were flashing. We all entered the party. Wanda found Vis and Natasha found Clint. Carol and Val headed straight for the food table while Hope, Pepper and I stuck together.

I spotted Pietro through the crowed and said my goodbyes to the other girls. I headed over to my boyfriend. His face lit up when he saw me and broke into a huge grin.

How could I have thought that he was stringing me along?

After a kiss and a hug, I offered to get us some drinks. Pietro accepted and I walked off to find the drink table. I found Carol and Val and had a small conversation with them before heading back. When I saw Pietro though, a beautiful girl was flirting with him.

Pietro POV

Y/n had just left to grab us drinks when a girl I had never seen before walked up to me.

"Hey," she said flirtatiously.

I just said hi back and looked around the room.

"Are you here with someone?" the girl asked.

I glanced at her.

"I am, actually."

The girl pouted.

"Well, she doesn't have to know," the girl said smiling. "I'm Terresa."

I was immediately reminded of my ex-girlfriend. How she cheated on me. I wasn't going to cheat on y/n.

"I'm good, thanks," I said heatedly, and walked off to find y/n.

She was standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Hey, bub," I said, kissing her cheek.

Y/n smiled at me.

"Are you enjoying the party?" she asked over the music.

"I would enjoy it more if you danced with me," I said, winking at her.

Even in the flashing lights, I could see her blush.

"I'd love to dance," she said.

We set aside our drinks and walked to the dance floor. I spun y/n around the floor. We swayed and danced, having the time of our lives.

I spun y/n into my arms, and we swayed together. I leaned my forehead against hers, and she booped our noses together. I laughed and felt a warm, happy feeling.

Then I realised. I was falling in love with y/n. And I wasn't scared one bit.