Chapter 2

5 years after the fire.

The gravel crunched under the weight of the car as it pulled up to the large home in the woods. The house was just short of a mansion. From what the boys heard, it had 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 floors, not counting the basement and attic, A large backyard, and a lake just a quarter mile away, which was still considered the property of the house.

Tommy and Tubbo grined at eachother as the stepped out of the car with Motherinnit helping them unpack, while telling them some 'rules' that they all knew wouldn't be listened too.

"If you boys need anything, just give me a call, I'll pick you up if anything goes south, just ring" Tommy's mother said with a worried look, "There was a fire a few years back... They said it was fixed up but...."

"We'll be fiiiine" Tommy said as the last of the boxes were took out of the van, Tubbo nods with him, "Yeah! Don't worry, the WORST thing that could be in there are ghost" Tubbo says as Tommy and him share a laugh, of course there are no ghost, they don't exist, but the house did look a little creepy.

"Alright. But if either of your break anything..." They waved her off and said there goodbyes, as Tommy watched the van drive off and Tubbo suddenly shouted, "Last one to the house has to pay for pizza!" And took off running, "HEY!!" Tommy exclaims as he runs after him, and quickly catches up, he has longer legs after all.

Tommy wins and laughs as the older boy gasp out of breath, "Don't make bets you can't win, Big Man!" Tommy says as he brings his stuff in. They are greeted by a dusty house that looks old, but any remnants of the fire 5 years ago were cleaned up and fixed.

"Huh, I wonder who used to live here..." Tubbo says as he enters behind Tommy, and the taller child shrugs, "Who cares! We are staying in it now!" Tommy says loudly, as Tubbo takes his boxes to the living room and looks around.

"This house its huge"

Tommy looks upstairs, "I'll assume the bedrooms are up there, lets check 'em out!" He says as he races up the stairs with Tubbo in pursuit, They come across a door and it creeks open.

The room was a mostly green and white themes, with a mostly white bed that had dark green pillows, green walls, a faded carpet, a dresser in the corner, a desk in another corner by the window and a small bookshelf that consisted mostly of old fairytails. Yet it had a warm, and welcoming feel. With just a touch of sadness.

"Boring"

They move to the next room, and get assaulted with the colors pink, red, yellow and white, A large bed fit for a king set on the corner of the room, it had red blankets and yellow pillows, whilst the walls were painted pink, with a yellow fluffy carpet, and a wardrobe beside the bed, a desk that had a made in bookshelf sat in the corner, the books consisted mostly of english books and fenceing books. But it felt slightly hostile, almost as if telling them to get out.

"What? Did a girl take this room? Boring!"

They move on, but not before Tommy felt a sudden chill all across his back. Tubbo looks at him, concerned.

"Uh..? You ok, Big Man?" He ask and Tommy nods, "Yeah, just felt bad all a sudden, probably nothing to worry about." Tommy says with a fake confidence, but it freaked him out, be of course he didn't show that. He didn't want to make Tubbo nag at him for the next 5 hours.

They move on to the next room and it is mostly blue and gray themed, with blue walls, gray carpet, a blue and gray bed with fluffy pillows, a beanbag, a wardrobe, a desk, and a music player. It had a sad feeling, a tired one. Tubbo mentally noted that there was a guitar on the bed.

"Eh, better than the rest, but still BORING!" Tommy says as they check the last two rooms that were mostly empty, Tommy and Tubbo choose those two as it will be easier to make them look how they like.

...

The man studys the red van driving away from the woods and the old house he knows that is within, he tries to fight down a small feeling of panic rising in his chest. No one could possibly know, after all. And it could've just been a lost van, who went to check something out.

But the more he thinks on it. The more he relaxes, and he silently laughs at himself. Of course it was just a lost truck. No one has lived there for years. And no one with any sense would just go and live in a house that 3 men died in for not reason.

...

"Tommy!" Tubbo shouts as Tommy dumps all his things on the floor. "At least organize them, man" Tubbo put all his things neatly in his room, while Tommy just yeeted everything onto his floor and bed. "Oh, you won't see it, Tubbo, Its in my room! Not yours" Tommy said as he spread his red blankets on his bed. Tubbo sighs.

"Why are you so difficult?"

"You think I'M difficult? You son of a bitch! I am great!"

They bicker for a while longer and Tubbo goes to order pizza while Tommy watches T.V, but they are unaware that they are not the only ones in the home. As earlier, a conversation in the dead ensued.
...
"Why are there children here?"