🌧I'm Scared☁️ Stolas x Alastor

Alastor had become overwhelmed as the anniversary of his death drew near, while he no longer felt any emotional turmoil towards his death itself, it tended to bring memories of his past he was uncomfortable with. The anniversary of his death served as an uncomfortable reminder that he was-at one point-a human, this reminder serves as a reminder of his past, a less then pleasant time. His mood was clearly effected, even if he didn't directly show it, it was easy enough to see. Alastor who was typically an early riser, slept in a whole hour past his usual wake up time, he did not hum as he was cooking dinner, and he was uncharacteristically quiet as he ate. The two owl demons looked at each other worriedly, obviously concerned for the usually chipper and upbeat deer. They both tended to forget Alastor was once human with how powerful he is for a mortal soul, and the deer never mentioned his death date to them, so his depression seemed sudden to them.

Stolas took the initiative, clearing his throat before looking down at his beloved deer, "what's wrong my little strawberry?" Stolas asked concerned. Ah, that nickname he could never seem to escape, he didn't mind it from Stolas however, Alastor supposed he really must love this man for that to be the case. "It's just the anniversary of my death dear, it's nothing truly" Alastor mutters, undermining the impact it had on him as to not deepen the owl demons worries any further. This did not work however, while neither one were ever mortal like Alastor, they both could clearly see it impacted the deer demon more then he let on, and could logic out that the date of your own death must be heartbreaking. Though they both usually asked before touching the prey demon, the two owls hugged him between them in an attempt to comfort the sad mortal. Alastor twitches in discomfort at first, but finally calmed down and returned the hugs, feeling somewhat calmed having his loving family care so much about him.

Family, family was such a fickle thing, for what is a family really? Alastor wasn't sure he knew, he had a family once, or was it really ever a family? He wasn't sure. When he was with his mother, everything was beautiful and bright, warmth developed their humble cottage, they didn't have much but they had enough, things were so lively with his mother. However, this would not last, for his father had to come home from work every night, he couldn't just stay there forever and spare them the hardship. Whenever his father came home, everything was ugly and dark, cold and lifeless, the happiness drained away and replaced by sadness and pain. He often abused them, punching, kicking, screaming would fill the once comfortable home he loved while his father was away. Then, his father killed his mother, he supposed that's when he truly snapped, without hesitation he grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed his father in the chest. He was traumatized that day, he'd just witnessed his mother be killed, and killed his own father, the police never did find out the truth.

   Alastor was practically pampered all day-much to his dismay, he was grateful Octavia seemed to be aware he needed space and kept her distance, though she would occasionally pop up to offer him comfort. Stolas seemed dead set on doing everything to cheer him up though, hiring a five star chef to prepare Cajun foods for lunch and dinner, setting up the ballroom so they could dance together, and sitting Alastor down in the library with smooth jazz playing as he read to his hearts content. He supposed that out of everything however, his favorite thing was walking through the garden with his lover and daughter, listening to the owl demon ramble on and on about all these different details about the plants that Alastor didn't really attempt to remember. It made him feel calm, like it was just any other day in his afterlife, allowed him to forget about the day for just that time. He wouldn't say he didn't appreciate everything Stolas did for him, he simply appreciated the smaller gestures a bit more then he really cared for the big ones.

Perhaps it was because of his upbringing, but Alastor wasn't particularly fond of being dotted on, it made him feel spoiled and like he was a burden, or was being looked down upon. Sure he was a deer, but he certainly wasn't delicate, and he had worked hard to make sure all of hell was aware of this. Yet somehow, as he laid on the couch in their living quarters, he felt a sort of calm and serenity, despite feeling weak and exposed. Despite this feeling he'd typically hate, he felt no shame in being this way with the owl demons, so vulnerable, but feeling so protected. Nothing could bother him as he cuddled his new family, the comfort allowing his memories of his past family to become fuzzy, they still brought him pain, but it was numbed. Family will always hold a weight in Alastor's heart, wither it be his family from that, that carries a weight of misery, or his family now, which carries a weight of great comfort. Whatever the weight may be, family will always hold significance to our favorite deer.

   That night, Alastor clung to the owl demons chest, his face slightly buried in the hell prince soft, grey fur. "Darling" Alastor suddenly mumbles, catching Stolas attention, "yes dear, what is it?" Stolas asked quietly. "Promise me...if I get scared, you'll hold my hand please" Alastor pleads softly. This takes Stolas off guard, Alastor typically didn't ask to be touch, or get scared as far as he was aware, so it seemed really out of character for his brave buck. "Of course I will darling" Stolas reassures, only to be taken by surprise when he feels thin claws intwine with his own. "Why are you scared?" Stolas asked softly, looking down at the crimson sinner with worry and concern. Alastor sighs and softly speak, "I'm scared if I were to let you go...you'll disappear" Alastor mumbles, tears pricking his eyes. Stolas couldn't breath for a moment, he'd been touched, but this clearly wasn't the time as he held the sad buck in his arms. Alastor slept better that night then he had in his whole life, his childhood no longer haunting his dreams. Instead, he dreamed of his new family, and the future they'll make together.