☁️RadioHusk Week: To Love a Dumbass☁️

'Alastor could be such a dumbass sometimes' Husk silently thought to himself, staring at the young buck examining a modern radio. Now don't get him wrong, he knew Al would a pretty smart guy, his cunning and quick wits were part of his natural charm after all, but Al could be so fucking stupid sometimes. He still remembers the look of absolute shock on Alastor's face when Husk admitted he was in love with him. Everyone in hell knew long before the infamous radio demon ever caught on, it was frustrating, yet endearing in a way. Then there was right now, Alastor asked Husk to teach him how to use a hellphone, when asked Alastor simply asked again or avoided the question all together. Kind of annoying but not unexpected from the deer demon, he suggested they start with a modern radio, since he figured the radio star would be more familiar with it.

   He greatly regretted this as Alastor wasted little time in taking it apart and putting it back together again, thankfully this exercise did help him figure how the radio works, but now he's worried the red demon might try to take the phone apart. "Al, it's great ya figured out the radio and all, but ya can't take the phone apart" Husk rasp, his annoyance clear in his voice. Alastor's adorable ears tilt to the side and his fluffy tail wags as he turns to face Husk, the cat demons breath caught in his throat in how fucking cute his boyfriend was. "Well, I do suppose you are correct my dear! Very well, perhaps you'd be willing to teach me the correct way to use a hellphone?" The Radio Demon asked politely. Husk swore the deer would be the second death of him sometimes, what a way to go out though, maybe he wouldn't mind dying again if it was from how precious his boyfriend could be sometimes. Husk gives a lazy sigh and nods, first thing was first, getting a phone for Alastor.

  It took them forever to find an old model phone that Alastor could even tolerate, for some reason, the deer demon was dead set on having a phone with "messaging capabilities" as he put it. Eventually they were able to find one, it was thankfully pretty cheap and Husk actually knew how to use it, so he figured teach Al how to use it wouldn't be too hard. He was dead wrong, Alastor had a look of pure disinterest in almost everything he tried to teach, his ears only perking up as he explained how to call and text, why he was so focused on that as beyond Husk. Husk wasn't a patient man, and Al had a nasty habit of testing that patience excessively, but he's sure that's just because the smug bastard knows he can get away with it. So, maybe he did give Alastor a bit of special treatment, but love makes its victims do the stupidest shit sometimes, otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to this in a million years. Eventually, the cat demon was done explaining all the different functions of the old phone, the deer demon thanking him with joy before kissing his cheek in excitement. Well, maybe this was ok.

  Husk woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing once again, this was the fourth time this week already. Ever since he helped Al out with his phone, the radio demon started sending him messages all the time. Any time the two weren't in the same room his phone would buzz as Al would somehow find the time to send him a message, and it was getting annoying. Don't get him wrong the messages weren't the issue, they were sweet and cute things like, 'rise and shine kitty!' or 'can't wait to see you again', etc. it was just getting annoying getting these text all the time. He had to confront Al about this, but how to go about it? He didn't want to come off as angry, or else Al might get mad, or even worse, get upset with him. He could handle Al when he's angry, but when Al is genuinely upset with him just breaks his heart, damn he really fell hard for Al didn't he? Husk sighs, deciding he just needs to act as calmly as possible when he confronted the other, until then, he'd just have to put up with it a little bit longer.

  Finally, Husk got to have his break, to which he immediately made his way to Alastor to talk to him. "Ah Husker! I see you're on your break!" the overlord cheers in his usual merry tone, making the cat demon gulp as his cheeks flush under his purr. "Look Al, we need to talk", Husk starts, only to wince as he sees how Al's ears pin back in a display of worry. Ok, he definitely could have worded that better. "Why did you even want a phone? Especially one that you can fuckin' text with? You hate modern shit?" Husk ends up asking. The deers eyes widen, like he was trapped in headlights as he looks down at his feline significant other, then he sighs. "I suppose I just...wished to have more time with you, and these 'text messages' allow me to speak with you when we can't be together..." he finally admits, eyes avoiding that if the cat demon. Husk breath catches in his throat again, he did not just hear that right, did he? Husk groans running his paw over his face, Christ on a stick this man truly would be the second death of him, but he guessed he didn't mind. "You're a dumbass" Husk scolds, the deer demons ears pinning back further only to shoot up in surprise as Husk cups Alastor's face and places a gentle kiss on his lip. "Next time, just fuckin' say somethin'" Husk scolds again, much to the amusement of his lover. Yeah, Alastor was a dumbass sometimes, but he was his dumbass.