Chapter 2

Yeonjun could feel the wind of Soobin's breath on the crown of his head.

In......and out...... In......and out...

Soobin could likewise feel his chest lightly touch Yeonjun'c clothes every time he breathed in. With every touch, he felt increasingly overwhelmed and slightly uncomfortable at how his heart picked up its pace. There was this odd, lingering urge in Soobin's muscles to want to stretch his arm and bring the smaller male into his embrace. 

Neither of them moved or even whispered, just their bodies vibrating with the rumble of the engine.

What does it feel like to have your memory, Yeonjun thought absentmindedly to himself. Does your brain feel full? Does it make you feel different or a lot more warmer knowing what your life is about?

The boy bit his lips at those thoughts. How does it feel to be able to recall something and smile at it? Do your memories weigh you down? How much can you remember and recall? Does recalling memories feel like watching a movie... or can you feel what had happened then as well?

Do memories hurt?

The engine died down as they neared the border. Muffled voices were overheard from outside and a lot of shuffling. The atmosphere grew hotter and the fact that Soobin and Yeonjun were pressed against each other didn't help. Oxygen felt depleted with every successive breath. It was unbearable almost. 

Memories... Yeonjun sighed and adjusted his head slightly. As his thoughts died down, the conversation from outside grew louder.

"Alright, while we're scanning your passes, we'll just do a brief check on your car, you know, the standard procedure."

"Sure," their old man laughed. The smell of cigarettes squeezed through the small creaks and filled up the small space they were lying.

Yeonjun hated that smell, but it didn't bother him. However, this time, combining with the swirl of dust, he felt a stinging sensation in his throat. It was itchy and no matter how many times he tried to swallow, the feeling wouldn't go away. He quietly clear his throat to make the itch go away and felt Soobin's head look down on him with what must have been a disapproving look.

Finally, he couldn't help but let out one cough, which helped tremendously. But all the noise and movement outside seized, as did Yeonjun's heart.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" The grandfather's voice asked.

"I heard a cough from your backseat!"

The backdoor flung open again and Yeonjun squeezed himself even closer to Soobin, not caring if the other liked it or not. He was fucking terrified at this point. Soobin's chest was so close, his racing heartbeat could be heard be Yeonjun. Heavy breathing joined the sound. 

The older remembered asking grandmother what would happen if they did get caught out of curiosity.

"Well you both don't have your passes when we found you so they will arrest you. After that I don't really know what will happen, but you will be separated from us."

And Yeonjun didn't want that. He's rather die than he passes over to somewhere else.

They felt the car move a bit as whoever stepped on, probably someone who was much fatter, Soobin guessed crudely, annoyed that the situation had come to this point because of a mistake from Yeonjun. Deep down, he knew this wasn't yeonjun's fault considering he almost coughed too. If anything, the old man should have watched his actions!

 They are definitely going to try and lift the seat up, Soobin thought as the gears in head turned.

He reached, putting his arm over Yeonjun's smaller body and gripped the sides of the cover. Then he applied pressure, keeping it tightly shut so that hopefully nobody can lift it up. Perhaps they would think there isn't any space below and fuck off.