Chapter 10

(I'm back yuhhh alas a short chapter to recap.)

"Get the door!" Jimin yelled as his fingers caught the back of the old man's collar and attempted to yank the other out of the car. Yet, the other's mass and built out-ruled the smaller male, where only the head popped out. 

Jungkook skidded around the back of the car onto the other side and shook his shoulders from pulling the car handles of the backseat that the unconscious Soobin laid in. He swore under his breath, knowing the old man managed to lock the doors from inside. He looked up to see the man had been fully dragged out from the car, but the moment Jimin fixed his posture to try an get a hit in, the enemy swung the car door closed and a faint click sounded as the whole vehicle was locked up. 

Jungkook walked back a few steps and rolled his shoulder's back in embrace for the upcoming impact. There was no way such a little problem was going to stop them from getting Soobin back into their safe arms. He lurched forward in a burst of sprint and rammed his elbow towards the middle of the window. It was sturdy for sure and it took two more attempts before the glass finally gave way and fell in a shower of crystals at his feet. Jungkook dusted himself off and shrugged his jacket off, placing it limply on the sharp edges of the broken window before diving in to drag Soobin out of the car. 

"Stop right there!" A voice so full of ferocity made Jungkook stop mid-stretch. he peeked from behind the backseat and saw the man looking back at the car, his hands stretched but alas, the view blocked by the seat in front. 

Jungkook lowered his head to pull out, his eyes never once leaving that huge figure and then stood up to see the full situation. A damn fucking bad one that is. 

"Step away from the car fucker," the old man spoke blatantly as he jerked his arm, driving the tip of the gun he held closer against Jimin's temple. The smaller looked like he wanted to yell for Jungkook to ignore them and get on with saving Soobin. That he could handle it and that there's nothing to be worried about. But Jimin wasn't so sure he could say that. For an old man, the guy was fucking strong. Almost on the same level as Jimin and Jungkook combined. 

And for the matter of fact, in a haste that they left, neither of the male are equipped with weapons to retaliate nor phones to call for assistance. A stupid slip up on their part. Jimin's eyes searched for an opening that he could tackle the other. Yet, it was like facing a cobra. The man's muscle was tense and ready for any oncoming strike. Even if he was addressing Jungkook off at the side, Jimin knew his attention never left himself. A trained mercenary for sure. 

Jungkook was somewhat on the same wavelength as Jimin in his thinking. He too knew this was no facade from the man. If there was the slightest disobeyment of the word, a bullet was going to go through his lover's face. But their target was so close. Soobin was right infront of them. After months of suffering and searching, they finally found a lead... Jungkook was torn. 

"Step away Jungkook." Jimin quietly said, his sudden and unexpected words earning a shocked stare from his parter and a slight tap on his forehead with the cold metal gun. Jimin stared straight ahead at the old man, unwavering. "Listen to me."

Jungkook gulped and frowned. His legs shuffled backwards with uncertainty until he was a good few steps away. 

"Good decision," the old man huffed, his attention never leaving either males. He moved and fiddled with car door, holding it momentarily in his hands before a soft beep sounded and the driver's car opened. Within seconds, the old man cocked his gun and shot on the spot where Jimin stood, seizing the chance of confusion and dust to get in and drive off. 

"Jimin!" Jungkook's voice travelled under the roar of the engine as the vehicle drifted away, disappearing around the corner. 

"Fuck," Jimin coughed as he waved off the dust swirling messily in the air. "He didn't have to do that, I wasn't even intending to do anything to him. Fucking bastard."

Jungkook held the other's arms and both staggered off to the side in relative silence before Jungkook bombarded Jimin with questions. 

"I have a good reason to ok,"

"I know, that's why i listened to u. Tell me what that reason is."

Jimin adjusted his own jacket and wiped the sand off. "There was no way out of that one. Don't try to argue with me on that. Any way we thought of to tackle him will end up with either you, me or Soobin getting harmed. Besides, it's not a lost cause to let him get away. We have a solid lead now. Soobin and maybe Yeonjun will have to hold on." Jimin replied before taking out a device from his pocket after patting it down. 

"What's that?"

Jimin turned and smirked, waving a small screen with a blinking, slowly trudging red dot across its screen. 

"A tracker?" Jungkook wowed. 

"Slapped that motherfucker on before i dragged him out." Jimin scoffed. "Now we know how to move forward. With a plan this time."

"Smart. I didn't know u had this much in you."

"You're sleeping on the floor tonight."