Chapter 9

(refer to extra section below for the tips!)

"Here, give a call to your grandma and tell her to pack up."

"Huh?" Soobin asked, barely managing to catch the phone that was tossed to the back. "I thought we were going back tomorrow?"

"Well no time for that now, you don't want the police to track us all the way over here right?" The old man snapped.

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance but unlocked the phone and dialled grandma's number anyways.

As the ringing echoed in his ears, he observed the vacant highway. It pretty much looked like the same view when they were entering Korea back then. Just trees and plain ground.

If the police had known, shouldn't they be right behind us already? This is a small town after all, Soobin thought to himself.

Soobin pouted slightly, a habit he had when he was often deep in thought. "Or maybe they'll wait for us at the checkpoint..."

The ringing continued for a few more times and Soobin took the phone away from his ears, still being able to hear it slightly since the volume was high. Typical old people things.

"They're not answering-" Soobin started when the a static came over along with a broken voiceover.

"Oh, hello? Grandma?"

"T- This i- Yeonjun."

The line kept cracking and Soobin tried to hold it up at different positions in the air to get a clearer voice.

"Hey, the signal is weak so I'll say what I have to say. Pack up and get ready to leave." Soobin said as he returned the phone to his ear.

"Tell them we'll reach there around night time, since we still need to buy your medicine." The old man added.

"We'll reach by night so be ready then."

"Wha- y- say? I can't he- -ou very well! Spea- lou-de-" Yeonjun's voice crackled over the phone again.

Soobin brought the device up to his lips. "I said, get ready to leave by night time! Can you hear me?"

"Y-es. See y-ou la--r"

And then the call ended.

"Hell of a signal that was." Soobin muttered, passing the phone back. "When are we going to arrive anyways?"

"I just said night time,"

"No, I mean the pharmacy."

"Hm, around 5.30pm."

Soobin nodded and leaned against the comfy back cushion, albeit slightly angled towards the left.

"Wake me up when we get there."

A lighter could be heard being flicked open from up front. In no time at all, grey puffs of smoke filled the interior of the car before being sucked away as the windows were rolled down.

"Don't I always?"

"Hey! Run faster!" Jungkook yelled as he turned his head back and slowed down slightly.

"Shut the fuck up, I've been sitting for two whole hours listening to that trading talk with the boss, my legs aren't awake yet!" Jimin huffed and puffed.

"Yeah well fuck that, we have to run faster than this or we'll miss them totally!"

Jimin groaned and picked up pace, the two men dressed in black darting about the darkening streets like little ninjas.