Chapter 8

Yeonjun's body jerked as someone shook him. Groggy and mind not fully functioning yet, he peeled his eyes open and saw a figure standing in front of him.

"Soobin?" He mumbled as he tried to rub the sleepiness out from his eyes.

"Sorry, could you please move? We have to open our shop here," a female's voice entered his ears instead. It took Yeonjun a few seconds to register what she had said because of the strong dialect accent but he nonetheless nodded and apologised.

Then, stretching his back and yawning, he prepared to get up only to realise something was on his legs.

"Huh?" Yeonjun thought as he looked down. The jacket that was previously covering him had already dropped off his shoulders and now there was a huge lump under it on his thighs. He grabbed the corner of the cloth with his fingers and pulled to reveal a peacefully sleeping Soobin.

So that's why my palm felt warm earlier, Yeonjun thought as he removed his right hand from underneath Soobin's soft cheek.

"Wake up sleepyhead, let's get a move on," Yeonjun bounced his legs slightly to shake the other awake. Soobin more or less has the same reaction as him.

"What's up?" Soobin groaned, slowly getting up into a sitting position with Yeonjun's help.

"What do you mean what's up? We gotta go, we're blocking other people from setting up their shops."

Soobin looked around, dazed and made brief eye contact with the girl standing off to the side, watching them.

"Right."

Ruffling their hairs and pulling their clothes together, they bowed to the group of people who now had things rolled to where they had slept just now and crossed the street, not failing to notice the very familiar light blue car parked down the street.

"Guess they did come back after all." Soobin huffed, the morning chills making his nose run a little. Yeonjun crossed his arms behind his head to support it and they both started their way down.

As they neared the car, they realised that no one was inside of it.

"Hm? Where are they?" Yeonjun asked but someone else answered before Soobin could.

"Here, you blind children,"

Angry and harsh, annoyed and super done with their shit.

"Grandpa..."

"Don't grandpa me! Do you know how long it took to find you!?"

The sound of the boot of the car being slammed closed resounded through the street as the old man emerged from behind the car and berated the two. "You better be thankful we never moved from this spot since last evening!"

"Never moved from this spot? You weren't even here!" Soobin rolled his eyes.

"Yes we were! We saw you two sleeping like babies over there," the old man replied, pointing to the shop. " The only reason why we didn't wake up was because your grandma wanted to let y'all be."

"Impossible, we would have seen y-" Yeonjun started as well but then realised that there was a black sheet neatly folded on top of the car roof.

"So that's why we didn't see this car," Soobin finally said as he followed Yeonjun's line of sight. "You covered the car with this thing right?"

"Of course I did! Wouldn't want the darn birds shitting all over it would I?" The old man snapped and turned on his heels. "You guys are bloody lucky our hotel is around the corner."

Yeonjun and Soobin didn't reply to that remark, not wanting to worsen the old man's mood after almost wrongfully picking a fight with him.

In the next few hours after that, the two boys settled into their room, which was directly opposite of their old couple's room. Soobin and Yeonjun didn't really discuss the issue but they had decided not to tell their guardians about the incident yesterday that left Soobin with the wound that was starting to hurt again as the day progressed.