Chapter 11

The old man huffed and reached an arm up to wipe his sweat away. 

What the fuck, he thought, eyes constantly darting from the road ahead to that behind from the car mirror. So far, there didn't seem to be any chase after him, neither were there any signs of police or movement in the forest running alongside the highway. Nonetheless, he kept pressure on the accelerator and swerved off to a small path after a good 20 minutes of driving. It let down an obscure path towards an old shabby shack sitting dry and withered on the empty landscape. Parking somewhere along its walls, the old man got out and flicked his lighter on to take a puff of the cigar between his fingers. 

He leaned against the car door and tapped on his chin where an old scar laid. His long and grey hair fluttered in the wind as he thought of his next move. He knew he had to thread carefully, now that he had been discovered with one of the missing boys and right now, getting safely to the previous town with no interference was going to be a slight struggle if he doesn't move fast. Yet, he couldn't continue on with this car. 

For one, the gang whose members he just fought off had great influence, and with the appearance of his car along with his lisence plate, he was pretty sure there would be men standby to watch out. Even if that doesn't happen right off the bat, it was pretty suspicious that the two had let go of him so easily. 

Tracking device, his mind echoed. He's dealt with this situation a few times before anyways, not much of a challenge. Reaching into his back pocket, he took out his phone and tapped a few taps before pulling it up to his ear and waiting for the other person to pick up. 

"Hello?"

"Hello, Chai Pilwon here." The old man spoke gruffly, smoke rushing out with each breath. "Code yellow. I need an emergency backup car as fast as you can."

There was movement on the other side as the person moved out into a quieter environment for the banging in the background faded off. "Current location?"

"Somewhere in the middle of the highway 45," Pilwon replied, lazily looking back at the empty road. "Just track my phone or something."

"Give it a minute. I'll send you the message of confirmation once its done. Sit tight there and get ready."

"Thanks."

"Are you going to report this to boss?"

Pilwon shook his head. "Small matter, don't bother."

With that, the call ended and within a few seconds, a message of receiving his location came through. Pilwon sucked on his cigar a few more times before flicking it on the ground and stepping on it. Turning back, he looked back at the other burden he was carrying and groaned, massaging his head. 

Flinging the door open, he reached up to the car ceiling, patted along the interior until he felt a slight bump, which he almost missed. 

"Knew it was good to leave an extra lying somewhere," he muttered to himself. Pulling out one of the car drawers in front, he took out a small penknife and flicked it open, cutting a small square at there the object was before pulling the furry fabric back and taking it out. In his hands laid a small ziplock folder, only the size of a plug head. In it was two green pills, one broken in half. Opening it, he slid out the one that was whole and crawled over to the backseat, sitting on the empty edge that Soobin's legs didn't cover. 

Reaching over, he grabbed the back of Soobin's next and propped him up against the car door, the younger boy's head dropping slightly. He grabbed the bottle of water from the basket of the back of the front seat and popped it open. Slowly tipping it against Soobin's open mouth, he dropped the pill in. As soon as the water rushed in, Pilwon snapped Soobin's jaw shut and laid the other's head back so that the contents went down well.