My Fairy King - King x Reader

"My king, surely there's some other way to deal with the crisis?" I asked.

Harlequin said nothing and looked away. I feared the worst that was about to happen to the Fairy King's Forest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been just a regular morning in the Fairy King's Forest. I woke up in my tree trunk of a bedroom. Clothes were strewn everywhere, the curtains were open and sunlight was streaming in. It didn't take a detective to find out that it was my old habits acting up again. I stretch my wings and body and got up from my green-dyed bed.

"No, Y/N! Your old habits are acting up again! What will you do if anyone saw you like this?" I reprimanded myself. I set myself to work and clean the area; wash up and get ready for another day. I work as a Fairy Minster, and I have mainly dealt with the most important meetings with the King alongside other ministers about the forest's wellbeing. Appearance and tidiness are important if you want to establish yourself as confident and strong, after all. 

"Y/N-chaaannn! Are you in here?~" A chipper voice called out.

The voice belonged to none other than Helbram, the right-hand man of King Harlequin, and his proclaimed best friend. We converse a lot, aside from work and King Harlequin. He doesn't bug me as much as he does to our king, but still a nice friend to talk to sometimes. He tends to sneak away from his duties and explore the human world, and he would tell me about his adventures from it. It would usually take me a great deal of mental strength to not blurt it out accidentally to the rest of the ministers. 

"I'm in my room! Give me a few minutes!" I called out.

A couple of minutes later, I flew out of my tree trunk to see Helbram. He's as chipper as always, with his amber-colored eyes, flowing lime-dyed hair, wearing the same green long-sleeved buttoned shirt, as well as a flower for his necktie. And of course, his majestic wings shining in the wind. Sometimes I wonder if he has the same sets of clothing just hanging in his closet...

"Y/N-chan, Harlequin wants to see us today! Isn't it exciting?" He beamed brightly

"You're just going to drag him out to play again, aren't you?" I look at him with my arms crossed. 

"Well, part of it! Hey, I'm going out to the human world again today. You wanna come with?~" 

As tempting as that sounds, I continue to reject his offer. Exploring a new continent has never been in my interests, and it sounds like it would take a great deal of energy to simply travel alone. Helbram has attempted to invite me to explore with him ever since his first expedition there, and his invitations are starting to sound more and more tempting the more I reject them. 

"No, Helbram. You know I have a hard time covering for you in front of the other ministers, right? You really should get back to your duties sometime..." I stressed my words strongly, hoping that he would understand my predicament.