My Special Someone - Diane x Reader

"Today will be the day that I will win her heart!" I held a flower in hand and started marching towards the town square. It was today or never, I thought. 

My name is Y/N L/N. I am a Holy Knight of Liones and I have been training under Grandmaster Dreyfus. I was praised for my excellent performance and had been given the rank of Commander recently, meaning that I can command my own army of knights. It is a great honor, leading your own people to potential battles and achieve victory for the kingdom. It stayed like that until one day the Seven Deadly Sins paid a visit. I remember it was to celebrate their reunion with the kingdom.

The ferocious Seven Deadly Sins, each embedded with inhumane power. They used to be outlaws, criminals that were hunted down by our people and were each given their titles for what crimes they have committed. But as it turns out, the group was framed by a higher authority, and as of now; none of us have any idea who or why did they cause this. But it was this truth that lifted their crimes and the Sins were reinstated in the kingdom and revered as heroes. It was during the Sins' reinstatement that I met the Serpent Sin of Envy, Diane.

 It was during the Sins' reinstatement that I met the Serpent Sin of Envy, Diane

Twin tails, beautiful violet eyes, and a cute, lovely smile. It was as if I was destined to fall for her. In fact, I fell for her at first sight. Our races may be completely different, but that didn't stop me from falling in love with her smile. I still remember how I was trying to act calm and sophisticated when we spoke to each other during the ceremony.

"It's nice to meet you, Sir Y/N! I'm Diane. I never expected to meet another Holy Knight aside from Dreyfus' group. Um, sorry about barging into the castle out of nowhere the other day..." Diane introduced herself. 

"Fret not, Lady Diane. Our troops handled it the other day, all is well. I apologize for our previous actions to you and the Seven Deadly Sins as well. Each of you has incredible talents; I'm surprised that someone would dare to frame all of you together. I'm certain it's a person of high authority, so we will require the Sins' testimony about the matter as well." 

Diane simply scratched her head, not understanding what I said. I chuckled and told her that I would like for everyone to come again soon after the celebration. She seemed very excited and shook my arm violently right after to express her gratitude. It was thanks to her that I got a spinning headache that day, but for some reason, I wanted to see that excited side of her again soon. 

Diane and the others left soon after, and I look at them longingly, especially Diane's. My gaze was soon interrupted with a slap on my back and I see none other than Howzer, my cheeky subordinate snarking away at me. With fancy hair and a well-built body, it is very easy to identify him in any place; be it in a crowded place or under the moonlight. Howzer is a strong guy, he's trained under Grandmaster Dreyfus too. You can count on him to fly you out of an ambush from the enemies, literally. Well, he always complains to me about how he doesn't have luck with the ladies most of the time, though.