Protect You Always - Escanor x Reader

It's a beautiful day outside. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming. On days like these, you'd think of hanging around in your room, all cozied up in bed and taking a nice nap... it must be a nice day for any of us, surely?

Unfortunately, that is not my day.

I am a bar attendant of Meliodas' tavern, the Boar Hat. I work for most of the 24 hours a day, usually serving drinks to the Seven Deadly Sins as well as customers who order from me. I also happen to be a waitress at night, where I deal with plenty of drunkards. I do get breaks, but I am someone who wants to push myself at 100%. Everyone tells me not to overwork myself, but I tell them not to worry and can handle myself fine. I suppose I am what you might call a workaholic, as I need money to support my family in the capital of Liones. This went on for a couple of months, where I work tirelessly to earn my keep. After all, I need to live. 

Today, however, was different. It was just my regular workday at the tavern when Meliodas called for me. I approach him casually and was met with a really buff dude beside him.

 I approach him casually and was met with a really buff dude beside him

"Y/N, I want you to meet Escanor, the Lion Sin of Pride." Meliodas began. 

I gulped. This extremely ripped man is Escanor? I stare at Escanor's muscles for a while, completely in a trance. How did they get that big? My head was filled with questions and thoughts when I heard him laugh.

"Hoho, are they really that alluring to you? How long do you plan to stare at them, Miss Y/N?" Escanor chuckles heartily. I realize that I've been staring at them for too long, and hide my face with my hands in embarrassment. 

"Don't tease her like that, Escanor. I don't think she can take a buff, muscular man laughing at her." Meliodas joked. I take a deep breath and regain my composure. 

"I assume Meliodas has already told you about me, given that you know my name. I'll formally introduce myself; I am Y/N L/N, the current bar attendant of the Boar Hat. It is a pleasure to meet you, Escanor." I put my hand out for a handshake. 

"Likewise, Miss Y/N. Meliodas told me a lot about you. I'm sure you'll need my help; being a bartender happens to be my area of expertise." Escanor grinned from ear to ear as he shook my hand. I stare at Meliodas in shock, hoping that whatever he said was pure nonsense. A buff guy can't handle handing out bottles of wine like that, can he? And an arrogant one at that...

Meliodas soon explained to me that Escanor may be a strong man in the day, but he turns into a frail man at night. It is largely due to his magical ability named Sunshine, where one grows in size as the sun rises during the day and he hits maximum power at noon. He then explains that Escanor's statement of being a bartender is true, as he had hidden away in the mountains while doing a tavern business after following the previous order that Meliodas had issued to the Sins. I nod my head in understanding and thought about how rough the group must have suffered.