❝ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ❞

_______________

i can't see clearly when
you're gone...
_______________

(E/C) eyes stared into the mirror, examining the girl reflected in the glass. She looked nice, (Y/N) had to admit. But that didn't do much to ease her nervousness.

Her best friend, Eliza, sat on her bed, and when (Y/N) turned around, she grinned at her. "Damn, girl," Eliza said. "You look fantastic."

(Y/N) glanced down at herself, looking at her outfit of a black dress with gold stars printed across the soft fabric, along with a black leather jacket. She turned back to her friend. "You think so? You don't think it's too much?"

Eliza shook her head. "No, it's perfect."

With a sigh, (Y/N) sat down on the bed. "I don't know about this..." she admitted. "Do you really think a blind date is such a good idea? Can't I just stay home, write, and become an old cat lady?"

"I think you're already an old cat lady," Eliza giggled, and (Y/N) playfully glared at her. "Kidding, kidding... In all seriousness, I think being single is perfectly okay. But I don't want you to give up on dating just because of Alex. There's so many people out there - people who are gonna love you the way you deserve. And I want you to give it another go."

(Y/N) nodded. "You're right."

"Of course, I'm always right."

"Oh, whatever," she rolled her eyes at her friend's antics, before she got up from the bed. She walked back to the mirror, and gave herself another long look, before she turned back to Eliza.

"You ready?" her friend asked.

(Y/N) nodded, and though she still felt a tinge of anxiety, she silently assured herself.

After all, what's the worst that could happen?

♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

(Y/N) opened the door to the italian restaurant, and looked around. She wasn't sure if her date had arrived yet - she was five minutes early, after all - but after a moment, her (E/C) eyes landed on a man that she recognized from the dating website Eliza showed her. Taking one more deep breath, (Y/N) walked over to the table.

The man looked up at her, and smiled. "Hey, (Y/N), right?"

She nodded, and returned the smile. "Yeah," she confirmed. "And I hope you're Daniel, or I'll have to ask how you got my name."

"Actually I'm your stalker," he joked. "My name is William, and this is the part where I tell you about how I've been watching you for months."

(Y/N) laughed.

"Just kidding," he said, grinning wide. "I'm Daniel, nice to meet you."

She slid into the chair across from Daniel. "Nice to meet you, too." She tucked a strand of her (H/L), (H/C) behind her ear. "So, you come here often?"

He nodded. "Oh, yeah," he answered. "It's definitely one of my favorite restaurants. The food here is just... incredible." He leaned forward slightly in his chair. "What about you?"

(Y/N) shook her head. "No, I've actually been meaning to check this place out, but I haven't yet. But I'm glad to hear the food's good, because I am starving." She picked up the menu, her (E/C) eyes scanning over the pages. Everything looked so good; she wasn't quite sure what she was in the mood for. (Y/N) looked back up at Daniel. "What do you recommend?"