❝ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ ❞

_______________

i can't sleep until i
feel your touch...
_______________

Daniel hadn't expected to like her this much.

He expected her to be some greedy, fame-hungry snob. When he matched with her on the dating website, he immediately recognized her as the famous author his older sister was obsessed with. And he assumed that she would be just another leech on society. Just another person who didn't deserve to live. Just another victim.

No, Daniel didn't expect to like (Y/N) at all. But he did.

From the very moment she walked up to his table, she drew him in. Her bright smile. Her beautiful (E/C) eyes. Her charming way of speaking, and her good sense of humor.

He had planned to kill her after their first date, as he had done countless times, but he just didn't want to. She was interesting. So he asked her on a second date. And the second date made him like her even more, and made him even more reluctant to kill her.

It wasn't love. It was much too soon for that. It was a crush, of sorts. A deep admiration for who she was, and a definite fondness towards her.

So, he did his research on her. He had to make sure he wasn't wrong about her. It was a quick google search. He found a couple articles slamming her, but nothing with any substance. It seemed there was nothing wrong with (Y/N).

So, here he was. Texting her at three in the morning.

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅs sᴇx ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴏɴᴇʏ ʙᴜɴᴄʜᴇs ᴏғ ᴏᴀᴛs

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴏᴋᴀʏ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ
(ʏ/ɴ): ʙᴜᴛ ᴜ ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ᴅᴏʀᴋ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴏᴏɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ? ɪ'ᴍ ʀɪɢʜᴛ

(ʏ/ɴ): ʙᴄ ᴜʀ ɴᴏᴛ sʜᴀʀɪɴɢ >:(

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇɴ

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: sᴏ?

(ʏ/ɴ): ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴜ. ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ.

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: :'(

(ʏ/ɴ): ɴᴏ ʙʙ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ

Daniel smiled, feeling his heart grow warm in chest. He quickly typed out his response.

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ʙʙ?

(ʏ/ɴ): ʏᴇᴀʜ...

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴇᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇs?

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ...

Daniel's smile widened.

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴏᴋ, ʙᴀʙᴇ

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴅᴏʀᴋ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: sᴛᴏᴘ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ :'(

(ʏ/ɴ): ɴᴏ <3

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ʙʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴄᴏᴡᴀʀᴅ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇs

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴀᴡᴡ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sᴀᴅ ʙʙ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: :(

(ʏ/ɴ): :(

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴄᴏᴘʏᴄᴀᴛ

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴜ ;)

Daniel felt his cheeks heat up, as his face reddened. He had never been the type to blush, but something about (Y/N) made it feel natural.

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ɴᴏ ᴜ

(ʏ/ɴ): ɪ'ᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ɴᴏ ᴜ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀɴ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: ᴛʜᴇɴ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ

(ʏ/ɴ): ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: sʟᴇᴇᴘ

(ʏ/ɴ): ᴜɢʜ ғɪɴᴇ
(ʏ/ɴ): ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴜ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ :)

ᴅᴀɴɪᴇʟ: sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs

(ʏ/ɴ): ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏ

But Daniel couldn't sleep. He never really slept much. He had been plagued by insomnia for as long as he could remember. And it seemed to be getting worse. He hadn't actually slept at all in two days. It wasn't that he wasn't tired - he definitely was - he just couldn't get his brain to shut off. And lately, the thoughts that kept him up were more and more geared towards (Y/N).

He let out a sigh, as he stared up the ceiling of his bedroom. He wished she was with him. But at least they'd be hanging out again in a couple days.

With that thought it mind, he drifted off to a dreamless sleep, with a smile on his face.

♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

Daniel was on his way back home from a long walk. He tried to walk around his neighborhood often, and it was a lovely day for it. It was warmer out then he had gotten accustomed to recently, so the walk was pleasant.

He gave a smile at the people he passed on the sidewalk - though many of them he'd likely consider to be deserving of death. But he had to keep up appearances.

It wasn't that he enjoyed killing people, or that he was evil. At least, he didn't think he was. He just thought of it as making the world a better place. There was so much pain in this world, pain that he, himself, was all too familiar with... and he was doing his best to take away the people that caused it, one by one, until the world was finally safe, and right, and... perfect.

It was as if his thoughts had summoned them.

Daniel heard muffled whimpers coming from an alley. He slowly stepped closer, and saw a man holding a knife against a woman's throat, with his other hand covering her mouth.

The man had yet to realize Daniel was there, but he still had to act fast. He rushed out of the alley, and around the building, until he reached the other opening. He walked slowly down the alley, puling out his pocket knife. When he got close enough, he reached out his knife, and stabbed it through the man's head.

As soon as the man released her from his grip, the woman took off running. But when she reached the end of the alley, she stopped to turn back and look. She and Daniel made eye contact, before she hurried away.

Daniel looked down at the dying man, a satisfied smile slowly coming onto his face. 'You're scum,' he thought to himself, kicking the man in the face. 'And now you're dead...'

He looked down at his clothing, and saw that it was still clean. He had been back far enough to avoid blood stains - which was good; his smile wouldn't be so convincing with blood on his shirt.

He gave the man a final kick, this time in the gut, before he walked off, down the alley and onto the sidewalk. He smiled at strangers, and it was as if it never happened.

He stopped in front of a local cafe, and smiled. Through the window, he saw a familiar face.

It was (Y/N).