❝ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ ❞

trigger warning
past rape mention

_______________

❝ i wanna know where you
hide things, wanna be in
your phone, just wanna
share your address... ❞
_______________

(Y/N) opened the door to her apartment, and hung her purse on the hooks by the entrance. Eliza was a bit of a neat-freak when it came to that kind of thing, so she always put her stuff where it belonged. (Y/N) didn't care all that much about keeping the house neat, as long as she knew where everything was, but if it made her friend feel better, she didn't mind.

She walked towards her bedroom, taking her black heels off. As she did, she called out, "I'm home!"

The sound of rapid footststeps grew closer, and Eliza came up from behind her, and jumped in front of (Y/N). She grinned, her dark brown eyes containing an eager curiosity. "How did it go?"

"It was good," (Y/N) said casually, as she moved around her roommate, and walked into her bedroom.

"Good?"

"Mhm." She opened her closet, and set her heels down in their spot, before she walked over to her bed, and sat down.

Eliza sat down next to her. "You're gone for almost three hours, and all I get is good?"

(Y/N) giggled softly. "Okay, okay," she said. "We went to Giovanni's for dinner, and the food was amazing. And Daniel was really sweet, and funny. And after we ate, we went on a walk through the park, and we just talked, and..."

"And?" Eliza raised a brow, an excited glint in her eyes.

"And... we're going on another date next Saturday."

Eliza let out a delighted sound that was not unlike a squeal. "That's amazing, (Y/N)!" she said, hugging you. She pulled away, a bright smile on her face. "See? I told you it'd be great!"

(Y/N) nodded, smiling back. "I know. He was nothing like what I was worried about. Like I said, he was really sweet, and he's a great conversationalist. It didn't feel awkward at all. And he made me laugh a lot."

"Sounds like a keeper!"

(Y/N) nodded. "...So how was your night?" She asked, crossing her legs and leaning forward a little.

"Well, I bawled my eyes out during Titanic again," Eliza said, causing her roommate to giggle. "Don't laugh at me! It's a classic!" She playfully glared at her. "And then I tried to make dinner---"

"Is the kitchen okay?"

"I'm not that bad of a cook!"

"Last time you used the oven, you almost burned our apartment down."

"That was one time!" Eliza protested.

"Actually it was many, many times."

Eliza pouted, and (Y/N) laughed. "Do you want me to make cookies?" she asked, knowing it would cheer her roommate up.

Eliza immediately perked up. "Yes, please!"

"Okay," (Y/N) said, and they both got up.

♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

"Wait, so your cat opened your refridgerator?" Daniel asked, in between laughter. "How is that even possible?"

(Y/N) shrugged, her own shoulders shaking with laughter. "I honestly have no idea," she admitted. "But I walked into our kitchen, and the fridge was wide open, and there he was, sitting inside of it, eating our leftovers."

Daniel shook his head, still laughing. "That's so crazy," he said, and (Y/N) nodded, smiling wide. "What's his name?" he asked, before taking a bite of the chicken.

"Cheeto."

Daniel gave her a look. "Cheeto?" he repeated, shaking his head in amusement. "You named your cat Cheeto?"

"Okay, first of all, rude," (Y/N) said, playfully glaring at him. "Second of all, my roommate named him, not me. And he's a skinny, orange cat. It makes perfect sense to name him Cheeto."

"Okay, fair enough."

"Yeah, it is fair enough," (Y/N) teased, in between bites of her chicken and salad.

"Is the food good?" Daniel asked, sounding almost nervous.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah..."

"Daniel, this is amazing!" (Y/N) said. "The chicken is perfect - and the pecans and the cranberries in the salad? Heavenly. I don't want to eat anything else for the rest of my life."

Daniel smiled. "Really?"

"Yes!"

"I'm glad," he said. "I haven't really cooked for anyone in a while. Not since my ex-boyfriend dumped me."

(Y/N) nodded. "Yeah, I get that," she said. "I used to cook for my ex, but now I pretty much only cook for my roommate."

"You can cook?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I kinda had to learn," she said. "Both of them are terrible in the kitchen, so it was very necessary, if I didn't want all the food to be undercooked and my apartment to be overcooked."

Daniel chuckled. "That bad, huh?"

"Oh, yeah," (Y/N) smiled. "My roommate is no longer allowed to cook anything. I get nervous when she's in the kitchen at all, actually." She laughed softly. It felt nice to be able to do this kind of thing again. After she and Alex broke up, she had sworn off dating for a long time. But being with Daniel felt... Comfortable. Easy.

"Maybe you can cook next time," Daniel suggested, taking a sip from his wine.

"Yeah," (Y/N) said, smiling. "Maybe."

"Okay... So, I know this is taboo date talk, but I'm curious," Daniel started. He set his wine glass down, and (Y/N) followed suit. "Why did you and your ex break up?"

"That is taboo date talk," (Y/N) agreed. But with a sigh, she continued. "Well... it started out great, as it always does. But he wanted to do... things... that I wasn't comfortable yet. And that's when the arguments started, and one night..." He raped me. But she couldn't say it. She had never been able to say it. It was too big, too heavy to fit right in her mouth, so the words died on her tongue. "It just got really bad," she said instead. "So I broke up with him, moved in with Eliza, and blocked his number. And I never spoke to him again."

Daniel nodded, a sympathetic glint in his deep, blue eyes. "I'm really sorry about that."

(Y/N) smiled softly. "It's okay," she said. "It's for the best. And it was years ago, so I'm pretty much over it by now." But I still have nightmares... Again, she didn't say it. She just couldn't. "If you don't mind me asking... what happened with you and your ex?"

"Well," Daniel said. "I don't know exactly. We dated for almost a year, and he said he loved me, but one day, he just texted me and dumped me."

"He dumped you over text?"

"Yeah, so cliché, right?" Daniel frowned. "Guess he got bored of me or something."

"I can't see how."

"What?"

"I said, I can't see how," (Y/N) said. "You are so sweet, and charming, and funny. And you're really easy to talk to, and I just honestly can't understand anyone finding you boring."

Daniel seemed at a loss for words. Finally, he spoke. "You... You really think so?"

(Y/N) smiled. "Of course I do," she said. "You're a really great guy. I wouldn't have agreed to another date if I didn't think that."

"Thank you," Daniel said. "That... really means a lot to me."

"Of course, Daniel. Any time."